Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I changed the chain on my scrambler 500 today and when I went to test ride it and when I try to go forward the rear axle locks up and dosen't move but if I put it in reverse the chain looses tension but it does work.
What the heck can cause this ?

·
Registered
993 Posts
Doesn't sound like you have the tension set up right.

·
Premium Member
20,001 Posts
Welcome to the board!

·
Registered
993 Posts
To loose causing it to bind up in forward gear but it relaxes in reverse.

·
Registered
8 Posts
How the check do you post on here...I have a question and can't find an answer :)

Sent from my C6606 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
Do you mean start a thread? Cause you just did post!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Yes a thread...500 Scrambler 4x4 (brake side) rear hub is stripped...I've taken them on and off a few times...it refuses to come off. I can move it about a 1/4 inch and that's it..how the heck do I get it off lol...a piece of wood..hammer..and deep penetrating oil. I have no clue :/ I will figure this out. She's being a ***ch!! :p
Help is greatly appreciated tho ;)

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
to start a new thread go to the section on forum you want to start it in.....like in ATV Repair and Maintenance ...then right below the red TV on top left..look below it..it has NEW THREAD....click that...make your topic in title..then type in what your asking below that

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Soo I found the problem and it was not the chain but cause my swing arm bolt fell out and was making my whole rear slide side to side which jammed up the chain .
I don't how I didn't notice it before , but I got lucky cause the plastics caught my bolt :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts