Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just picked up a lightly used Scrambler that is stock. I was wondering what people deem as necessary upgrades out of the gate. I ordered a winch so that will be the first line of business. I am on the fence about a snorkel. Anybody with a triangle one lose any output? Also I see that the throwing of mud is a big complaint amongst owners. Anybody try an over fender kit? I saw one on ebay that adds 3 inches. I also was looking at the a arm guards. Are those necessary? i know these sort of things of rider type dependent but I am just looking for general opinions and discussions. Oh and one thing I haven't seen is any sort of aftermarket rack for the front. Anyone have or seen one?

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
23 Posts
I really like the overfenders from direction2. They are easy install and help a lot.

·
Premium Member
20,001 Posts
Welcome to the board!:Med:

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
i like the a-arm guards for protection of the CV boots.

·
Registered
325 Posts
The frame braces listed here in several other threads are a must in my book. It really depends on how hard you ride though.

·
Registered
5,753 Posts
If you're worried about mud and racks you could have gotten the sportsman. Otherwise it sounds like you're on the right track for needs. If you are thinking snorkel kits already then you must plan on bigger tires and a clutch kit in the future too. And most likely a fuel programmer to compensate for the change in air flow with the snorkel kit.

·
Registered
133 Posts
The must haves for me are a winch and skid plates.

But the best mod I've done so far is the fender extender kit.

Greg

1 - 8 of 8 Posts