Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally got the time to install my kit and satisfied %100! I would recommend these kits to anyone. Ryan at rvs performance had the clutch kit shipped out right away and was easy to work with. I ended up using the thin shim and love the mid range engagement and how smooth the engagement is now compared to stock. Also like not hearing that awful clunk anymore. Now I cant wait to get out on the trails!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Good to hear. I think I'm gonna order one. I'm just worried about poor gas mileage. I ride in wv a lot and need to stretch out mileage. If the scrambler didn't have so much power I would get much better mileage lol. How long did it take to install? Did u get mudder or trail

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
Good to hear. I ordered mine from him yesterday and plan on using the thin shim as well. Did u need to take the skid plate off to access the clutch cover bolts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
333 Posts
Just installed mine too. Awesome. They just got done re building my motor, so I have a ten hour break in period so can't hammer on the throttle yet. Doh! But from what I've seen so far I love it

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I believe I got the mudder since im running 27's. It took me a little over an hour. I did pull the skid plate just because it was easier to get the bottom bolts off. I found my electric impact, extension and swivel came in hand for getting the cover bolts off quickly.

·
Registered
5,753 Posts
This isn't EPI LOL.

QSC doesn't have a "mudder" or "trail" or "utility" kit prepackaged and generically canned. Each kit is custom assembled for each machine, rider, conditions, and use. That's what makes them so much better than the other "canned" kits. The custom details in each setup are what make them work better than any of the rest.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Theres your answer haha I was sitting here thinking about that! Never heard about any type of different kits from you.

·
Registered
23 Posts
We'll when I called them for a kit for my 2012 850 sportsman they gave me the same part number as number as on there internet site as the 2011 which has 7 hp less

·
Registered
12 Posts
You actually got someone to answer the phone at QSC?? :pedro: I am very disappointed after sending daily emails and several phone calls that no one answers I give up on them after close to 2 weeks of trying.

·
Registered
5,753 Posts
They were closed for a week and a couple days while attending mud nationals in Texas. I'm sure they are playing catch up last week. But I'm an independent dealer for them so you can order anything they offer though me if you like.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a 2015 scrambler 850 with stock tires, I'm looking to eliminate the hard shift into gear and be able to lift the front end with ease, should I go with more spacers on the Qsc clutch or less?

·
Registered
2,339 Posts
I have a 2015 scrambler 850 with stock tires, I'm looking to eliminate the hard shift into gear and be able to lift the front end with ease, should I go with more spacers on the Qsc clutch or less?
Running both shims will raise the engagement and help with wheelies.
I run both myself.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts