Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, this is my first time on here and I need some help. I have a 2013 Scrambler 850 le. The stock Carlisle tires have been terrible. I get a new hole in them every time I ride. I bought a set of Bighorn 2.0s in a 26X11-14. That is an inch wider than the factory carlisles. I thought they would work but they rub to the point that I feel as if they are going to tear the footwells out. Has anyone had this problem? if so, is there a fix for this issue?Any information would be helpful.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Haven't had that problem. I don't run those tires, but I run 26-11 on the rear and 26-9 fronts, no rubbing at all. Is yours rubbing on the front when you turn or the back?

·
Registered
944 Posts
Yea, that doesn't seem right. Double check the tire size Ted. Are the fronts also 11 in wide ?

·
Registered
4,629 Posts
x3, something isn't right. Lots of folks running that tire type and size without issues. Maybe you got a bad production? There were some outlaws recently that were manufactured out of specs.

Rather be riding, instead I'm using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
im running 26 x 11 x 14 dirt commanders with no rubbing what so ever. somethings not right.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
x3, something isn't right. Lots of folks running that tire type and size without issues. Maybe you got a bad production? There were some outlaws recently that were manufactured out of specs.

I FIGURED IT OUT! My 26" tires are actually 28" tires. it must have been bad production at maxxis. I took them back to the dealer and they are handling it.

Thank you all for the advice and support. I may have never figured this out without you.

·
Registered
531 Posts
wait your telling me u rub with 26s?

·
Registered
531 Posts
i ran 28 mayhems with no rubbing.. and im running 29.5s which measure in at 31 inches that barely rubbed (heat gun fixed that)

·
Registered
4,629 Posts

I FIGURED IT OUT! My 26" tires are actually 28" tires. it must have been bad production at maxxis. I took them back to the dealer and they are handling it.

Thank you all for the advice and support. I may have never figured this out without you.
My pleasure! Glad it all got worked out!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yes, I'm telling you that the rear tires rub. They are 26x11s. at least that's what the sidewall says. I measured the tire and overall height is almost 28". I believe that the tire was produced out of spec or something. The dealership where I bought the tires is dealing with maxxis. I'm just waiting to hear back from them.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts