Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have an idea of how many kilometers or miles they can get on their scrambler 850 XP on a single tank of gas?

I know that there are many factors (rider weight, tires, kind of riding, etc, etc....) I also know that I am asking a question that someone shouldn't really care about when they buy a 850. In general I couldn't care less about mileage, but I am planning a few long trips and haven't really had a chance to figure out how far I can go on a tank. I am pretty much fresh out of the break in period and really haven't had a chance to run the tank low to see how low it can really go.

Any info would be appreciated.

Oh and if anyone is thinking of getting one of these machines...do it. Just be prepared to have perma-smile and learn to be patient and wait for others to catch up. :veryhappy:

·
Registered
315 Posts
I think you could get about 75-80 miles top. I haven't ran mine down but when I filled the other day I had like 40 miles on and little over half filled up. I wouldn't pass the mileage much more on that.

·
Registered
199 Posts
I've gone 50 miles with two
Bars left I'm guessing 75 -80 would be right that's riding some road trails and a bit of snow also I'm on the pipe quite a bit too

·
Registered
21 Posts
A mix between hard park and up to a foot and a half. I put 110 miles on friday night and filled up 4 times. I wasnt on fumes anytime but we where close enough and didnt want to risk it. That ride I more than likely averaged close to 3/4 throttle for the ride.

·
Registered
208 Posts
I'd have to agree... you could PROBABLY squeeze 100 out of a tank if you went light on the throttle. I did a mix of riding with a quite bit of a heavy thumb, took 3 gallons @ just under 60 miles.

·
Registered
315 Posts
when I filled mine the other day it was like 40-43 miles and 2.67 gallons filled up. Dang 44 total? why I would think even gunning it pretty good it wouldn't be that low. On a side note it's good to see all the Scambler people popping up on here :-D

·
Registered
531 Posts
i think i get 40-55ish but i ride hard and im 6 ft 7 so im a big guy

·
Registered
150 Posts
Depending on riding conditions, I'm getting between 17 and 19 miles per gallon. Makes the machine capable of just short of 100 miles. (5.2 gallon tank)

·
Registered
5,753 Posts
I'm no help here. My first 3/4 tank went 6 miles. All deep mud and winching and pulling others out etc. 2nd tank was a mix of trails, mud, water, technical and high speed stuff. New tires and testing them in all conditions. 50 miles to a tank with the last bar lit. 3rd tank was a new clutch kit and all sorts of tests to push it's limits. 40 miles with 2 bars left. If I was just cruising trails easy I bet 80-100 miles would be average.

·
Registered
531 Posts
it really depends on how heavy your thumb is... i ride hard and 90% is in mud 1 foot plus deep and i can get 25 miles ish to a half tank and thats turning heavy tires and my tall ass as well so it varies..

·
Registered
274 Posts
Did you find that your mileage was horrible during the break in time?

·
Registered
531 Posts
Very much so

·
Registered
116 Posts
I just did a fast pace ride Michigan u.p and the second day I went 96 miles and still had a bar left(it just went to one bar like 5 miles before that) so I could have gone 100 no problem. We were going About 50 mph. But I was on the gas every corner. So I wasn't babying it at all. I was impressed.

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
I will agree you could get 100 miles on a tank, I fill up with one bar left at around 80 miles that is trail riding and on and off the throttle allot, wind open out of corners

1 - 19 of 19 Posts