Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The lights on my Polaris Scrambler shut off whenever I ride the ATV for a while. Usually I shut it off and wait about ten minutes, and then everything is fine. Well, after the last time it happened my scrambler will not start back up. When the key is turned nothing happens, there is no neutral light or anything. It's just dead. 2002 500 4X4.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I would trace the light wires back and look for any loose or dirty wires along with the ignition wires.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Update

I want to thank you guys for your help. I checked all of the wires, everything looked good besides the positive battery terminal. I put a new one on, however, I am still having the same problem. It only gives me problems at night with the lights on. If it is dark when I first take it out, it will give me about 20 minutes untill the lights shut off. Then I have to make my way back to my house with my back up headband light turned on. Then I let it sit for about 10 minutes and everything is fine again. The lights come back on, only now after the bike is warmed up, it only gives me about 10 minutes before the lights shut off again. Please Help!

·
Registered
19 Posts
i have a had ALOT of electrical problems with my scrambler... 2005 500.... yuck.. 4x4 no work, shorts out in water... poooo

·
Registered
2,352 Posts
have you ever hooked up a voltage meter up to the battry to see if it is charging??

·
Registered
19 Posts
volt

No i have not tried much of anything but tracing wires when the speedo first failed. i have taken it apart since the rev limiter and 4x4 quit. Polaris has ordered to ECM for me. they don't install it for free, just give you the part.

i thought that was strange...

I am pretty sure the battery is charging however as have heated grips and the run them all the time. the starter is very strong and consistent leading me to believe that my battery is very strong.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Good news!

took covers off today to trace wires, found the main wire harness disconnected!!!!!! WTF??? sprayed some electrical contact cleaner int here and then pluged it back in, rev limiter, gage lights and 4x4 all back online, amazing.... still going to do the ECM recall though as I am eligible. :loser:

My speedo has not been working in a while and I would like to fix, i have traced all the wires and everything looks good. the needle just does move. light on and digital display read out. sensor wires to wheels are good.

any ideas?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts