Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,439 Posts
So explain exactly what you had done. Was it just the muffler or header back? Also explain what jet hot is and how it works and how it's applied.

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Thought I would share pictures of my exhaust that I had Jet-Hot coated.
tks for posting pics, thats the exact finishing i want on my mufflers to make exhaust look nicer. If you don't mind could you post ceramic heat type, color finish and total cost plz.
Scramblers 1000 don't have heat/melting issues but mud stains make them look like shit.

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
I had mine done last September to reduce the amount of heat on my right leg and to protect from rusting too quick, it was worth it to me.
I went with the 1300 coating and black to look stock.

https://www.jet-hot.com/

Attachments

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
bp405, Jet-Hot is a high temp coating that protects, lowers temperatures, and keeps metal looking good for a long time. I had my race car headers done by Jet-Hot 15 years ago and they still look great. You have to send your stuff to them, they coat it, send it back.

Sportsman, I choose the polished color, it's good up to 1300 degrees, they have like 50 different colors, some colors are good up to 2500 degrees. When I say it's good up to, that means that the temperature the color will dull at. It cost about $75 per muffler, that includes shipping.

·
Premium Member
9,439 Posts
I tell you what it certainly looks good and doesn't seem to expansive.

Indy what did your system cost to have coated?

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
bp405, Jet-Hot is a high temp coating that protects, lowers temperatures, and keeps metal looking good for a long time. I had my race car headers done by Jet-Hot 15 years ago and they still look great. You have to send your stuff to them, they coat it, send it back.

Sportsman, I choose the polished color, it's good up to 1300 degrees, they have like 50 different colors, some colors are good up to 2500 degrees. When I say it's good up to, that means that the temperature the color will dull at. It cost about $75 per muffler, that includes shipping.
very reasonable price, i'll get mine done but first i really need to buy fender flares for spring mud !!!! And of course the wife wants some too now ,Lol

1 - 7 of 7 Posts