Polaris ATV Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone else besides my scrambler drink gas like its going out of style? I used 2 tanks of fuel in one day of riding. No hauling a$$ or non stop riding either.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I've found that with mine, each mark on the fuel gauge works out to between 50-65 km. doesn't seem to vary a lot with the style of driving either, unless I'm bean REAL hard on it lol. But on the other hand I didn't really buy it for the fuel mileage either lol

·
Registered
668 Posts
Big tires make for more fuel use. My Scram is stock. On Sunday I rode from 9:45 am until 2:30 pm with a few breaks in between. Did 30 miles and had 3 of the 8 bars on the fuel gauge left. I think the fuel use is pretty good for a twin cyl atv. There was one mud hole I had to back out of and take another way. The stock tires just would not cut it.

·
Registered
150 Posts
I get about 100 miles to a tank, unless I'm hammering it hard, (and it does such an awesome job when you hammer it!). After 700 miles of running, I use 80 miles as my panic distance....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
20 to 21 mpg riding fast trails on and off the throttle 90 miles I am down on the but only put in like 4.2 4.3 gals. of gas to fill up

·
Registered
222 Posts
the best I did with a full tank was 135km, or 85 miles

the worst was one hour for a full tank and only 80km... or 50 miles

so yes, the 850 drinks alot, and really alot if you give it some throttle

·
Registered
126 Posts
Who worries about fuel mileage on a toy. lol Owning a scrambler and thinking of mpgs is like owning a corvette and worrying of mpgs. You buy them to run the heck out of for fun. My 850 x2 I can get between 60-75 miles on a tank max. Never checked how many gallons. I know it's a smaller tank than standard sportsman according to parts diagrams. I always carry a 2 gallon can when I plan to ride long distance.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Who worries about fuel mileage on a toy. lol Owning a scrambler and thinking of mpgs is like owning a corvette and worrying of mpgs. You buy them to run the heck out of for fun. My 850 x2 I can get between 60-75 miles on a tank max. Never checked how many gallons. I know it's a smaller tank than standard sportsman according to parts diagrams. I always carry a 2 gallon can when I plan to ride long distance.
LOL, exactly. The BB haters can buy a small machine and brag about their fuel economy I suppose. I bought this thing to rip around not come to gentle stops and take off slowly. :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts