Polaris ATV Forum banner

scrambler good for trails??

6K views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  dwhst9 
#1 ·
hey just bought a 1999 Polaris 400 scrambler and wondering what people think about them for trail riding? also if you can get a rack for the back and a box or something?

#2 ·
The old scramblers are a blast in the trails. They can get a little rough if you ride a lot of rocks or really rutted trails, but do more than fine on everything else. There are racks available for the Scramblers. Just keep an eye on eBay and pick up a used one in decent shape.

#7 ·
Riiter's website is still up and lists parts and mods for the 400s and a few things for the 500.

#8 ·
I thought the scramblers were made for trails an track riding....maybe not the big technical stuff an deep mud...but was designed as a trail rider....I see them on the trails alot..little screaming machines...those kids fly...big air machines...one of the kids offered me to take for a ride...but did not...to loud for me....nice machines

#11 ·
I had a 400 that was trail ported and matched to the pipe. Also had milled head and lightened flywheel. It made about 55hp at the crank.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.