Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I have a base scrambler, no LED lights, just the halogens. I'm looking for a set of HID's that are bi-xenon so I don't lose the high beam option. Are there any hi/lo kits out for the sportsman that would fit?

Thanks!

·
Registered
26 Posts
yes theres dual beam h13 HID… u just need the special kit thats expensive…. u will never use both as Hid so buy just regular h13 kit and it will do one as reg light and low as HID

·
Registered
126 Posts
Hid lights are not expensive and you can still retain the high low feature. It cost me $40 shipped for the kit and it took me about 30 min to install., They are Luminis bixenon kit. Low beam is 35 watt hid and high is 65 watt halogen. All built into one bulb. Its plug and play.

·
Registered
531 Posts
hids will fail you if you go deep water seen to many people lose money burning out thier ballasts.... reccomend you invest in a light bar or two.. or in my case 3 :D

·
Registered
126 Posts
I have had 4 quads with hid lights and all of them have been in water over the fenders. I have never had a ballast fail. My Scrambler has HID and light bars. You just need to know what ballasts are waterproof and which ones are not.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Hid

I am also looking at a bixenon kit for my machine, do you know will any h13 kit work? Can someone post a link for where they got their HID kit? I am thinking about just upgrading to the Polaris LED light kit....... just don't know if there is a big difference or not..........

Hid lights are not expensive and you can still retain the high low feature. It cost me $40 shipped for the kit and it took me about 30 min to install., They are Luminis bixenon kit. Low beam is 35 watt hid and high is 65 watt halogen. All built into one bulb. Its plug and play.

·
Registered
805 Posts
DDM tuning are the best Ive found for a decent price. Mine have been under water MANY times. They even sat under water for nearly 15 minutes one time.

From what I have seen, LED light bars do not compare to the output of good 5K HIDs unless you spend several hundred dollars. The DDM HIDs are 60 bucks.

·
Registered
64 Posts
DDM tuning are the best Ive found for a decent price. Mine have been under water MANY times. They even sat under water for nearly 15 minutes one time.

From what I have seen, LED light bars do not compare to the output of good 5K HIDs unless you spend several hundred dollars. The DDM HIDs are 60 bucks.
I use DDM on my cars without issue. Like their quality, but their prices cannot be beat.

Mav

1 - 8 of 8 Posts