Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I broke the mounting tabs off of my seat in my race weekend before last. Ridinagain suggested the Polaris seat repair, I took a look at it and though the pins are metal I decided my idea would work better. More work, but better.

Broken.

Had to remove the cover and cushion. Cut a piece of aluminum strap and drilled holes to insert bolts through.

From the bottom, I added fender washers.

I put nylon lock-nuts on as the keepers. Measured the depth they needed to be and loctited them in place.

Had to cut the bolts off shorter than I thought I would, they were hitting the top of the clutch housing.

Works great, it is pretty hard to get the seat to sit down in the rubber keepers, but it goes, and should hold better than the plastic pieces and not come out. The aluminum strap made the repair very rigid so the seat doesn't move side-to-side and the bolt/keepers have the strength of the seat pan to hold against for support. Haven't rode it yet, have a race in a week-and-a-half so I'll let y'all know if it holds-up.

·
Registered
531 Posts
i jsut drilled a hole under the left handside of the bike above the clutch housing in the plastic under the seat and through the seat plastic and stuck a pin through it... works good... my seat used to float away on me in deep water...

·
Registered
76 Posts
On My touring, I modified a 2009 xp sportsman 1up seat to fit it. What I did notice was that on the older seat the two locking pins are removable and made of metal. the skinny part of the teardrop indentation where they come out of is missing plastic. It's the access point to change them. You could modify you seat like a 2009 xp and put metal pins in there that are meant for it

Sorry I don't have a good picture but you can get an idea from the one on the left which is from a 2009 xp 850

1 - 4 of 4 Posts