Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
The fuel rail does not appear to be bent. I forgot to mention that the bolts for the fuel rail were only hand tight when I removed them. I think I should start with replacing the o-rings on the injectors to see if that fixes it. I can't find a part number for the o-rings though. Are they something a dealer should have? Or should I try to match them with something from the auto parts store?

·
Registered
417 Posts
There's nothing special about them. Try a auto parts store .

Per the manual
NOTE: Use new O-rings (included with new injector) any time an injector is removed.
15. Lubricate the O-rings lightly with soapy water to aid installation.
16. Install the new injector and torque the fuel rail mounting screws to 6 - 9 ft. lbs. (8 - 12 Nm).

Clean the vasoline out of the ports. It will cause them not too seat and leak.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
Yea, most auto parts stores should be able to match it up. Sorry to hear about your scrambler man.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
There's nothing special about them. Try a auto parts store .

Per the manual
NOTE: Use new O-rings (included with new injector) any time an injector is removed.
15. Lubricate the O-rings lightly with soapy water to aid installation.
16. Install the new injector and torque the fuel rail mounting screws to 6 - 9 ft. lbs. (8 - 12 Nm).

Clean the vasoline out of the ports. It will cause them not too seat and leak.
I bought the service manual, but mine doesn't have the note about not re-using the o-rings. I will try to match them up with ones from the parts store. As far as the vasoline for lube, the only reason that I tried that is because I read it on here[/ http://www.polarisatvforums.com/forums/atv-repair-maintenance/41922-2011-sportsman-xp-efi-fuel-injector-spewing.html ]. He said that you can't use too much! I was careful not too get any in the ports though. I will clean off the gasoline, try to get new o-rings from the parts store, and install them with soapy water for lube. And to think, this is the easy part of my repairs. Thanks for the suggestions.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Waiting for parts to finish other repairs, then it's going to the dealer.

·
Registered
2,350 Posts
Never attempt to reuse an o-ring........ever.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
A friend of mine is helping me with it. Dealers don't seam to want to fix frames due to potential liability. Their only solution would be to replace the entire frame for 2 little a-arm mounts.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts