Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious if someone with stock clutching would tell me what their rpm was at cruising 20 mph, 40 mph and 60 mph. Thanks in advance:cowboy:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I figured I would. I was assuming on flat ground. With the qsc kit I'm getting around 6400 and just curious how that was compared to stock at around 60 mph

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Mainly wandering if my 850 is revving to high. I ride a lot around 60 mph. I love the mid range power from the qsc kit and Ryan from rvs is super to deal with. I'm trying to determine the right set up for me

·
Registered
222 Posts
On tarmac at 60mph im about 6400 too, dont be afraid of driving at this rpm all day long...Mine can be at 7000 for almost one hour sometime, plus I hit the rev limiter often, th atv now have 8800km and engine still feel new

·
Registered
222 Posts
plus I hit the rev limiter often,

Wow, I've never hit the rev limiter. Is is a soft limit or harsh? Does it retard the ignition or the fuel to produce the limit? Just curious.
Harsh, like small pops and backfires at 7500rpm, probably cut the ignition

I get to it most of time in snow, drifting at high speed or when in low gear and I need wheel spin like in mud or heavy snow

·
Registered
133 Posts
Mainly wandering if my 850 is revving to high. I ride a lot around 60 mph. I love the mid range power from the qsc kit and Ryan from rvs is super to deal with. I'm trying to determine the right set up for me

What color primary spring do you have now?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

I believe it is the blue striped one

·
Registered
133 Posts

I believe it is the blue striped one

I spoke to ridinagain in length over the weekend about spring options. I currently have the silver w/blue in my machine now and will be testing another spring soon.

The spring you have will raise the Rpms by a few hundred over stock - not nearly as high as the silver w/green spring. It's something that you'll get adjusted to :)

·
Registered
222 Posts
Anyway I would set it for how you like the mid range and let it rev at 60mph, the 850 is a very rev happy engine I would nt be afraid to run it at 7000rpm all day long

1 - 12 of 12 Posts