Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking at doing an epi sport/utility clutch kit in my 500. I would go with a more custom kit but for under a 100 for a complete (weights springs helix) brand new I think I'll be happy. What is the stock engagement vs epi sport utility.

I am your basic rider. Mainly trails pretty hard on and off the throttle. Not much of a mudder but play once in a while and stock tires. I have a white brothers pipe and k&n filter. I want more bottom end power to help launch and wheelie a little better.

Would I be better off with just replacing the primary and secondary springs.

Any down side of clutch kits other than higher engagements?

Thanks guys!!

·
Registered
5,753 Posts
Not all kits have higher engagement. Most of the epi stuff I've installed and run has bumped engagement 300-500 rpm over stock. For the money you can get it for its worth a shot.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Riden, I thought I read a post about using a sportsman secondary on the scrambler? Can't seem to find it now. What advantages are gained?

·
Registered
5,753 Posts
Depends on the secondary. There are button and roller style. Advantages and disadvantages to both. The EBS machines use the roller secondary, NON-EBS use the button. Both work good in most cases.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts