Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Say what you want about ethanol fuels, however they could spoil gasoline engines. here is in particular real with small engines like outboard motors, garden device, and ATVs. What occurs over time is that the ethanol gums up the carburetors, gasoline lines, filters, and different components. Time to combat lower back.
a few years ago my getting old 2000 Honda 450ES ATV begun to become tough to delivery and stay running. Even choking the engine didn't delivery it up automatically. Letting it run a few minutes to “heat up” became no assure both. Putting it in equipment would often quite simply kill the engine.
Someone in camp asked if i was running ethanol. Neatly, of path, non-ethanol gas changed into practically not possible to discover. They instructed me a few gasoline additive referred to as Sea Foam, so i tried it out. They warned me it could take a number of tanks of fuel to get things straightened out.
So, acquired a can of the sea Foam at the local auto elements shop and introduced the counseled volume to the ATV gas tank several instances over the hunting season. Slowly but absolutely, I could inform this additive changed into making a difference. When the season ended, I delivered greater once I definitely put the ATV in garage storage. Even then, i'd crank it up at the least once a month.
Here season, the Honda roared correct into full vigour. Admittedly, by using this time I discovered a gasoline station locally that provided non-ethanol fuel, so I obtained a 5-gallon can and am the usage of that now together with Sea Foam. In all respects the Honda is back. It begins with one pull of the choke, and stays operating, easily.
Sea Foam is a petroleum product so it's secure for all 2-four cycle engines, seals, O-rings, gas lines, gasoline device sensors, and different fuel gadget add-ons in fuel and Diesel fuel filter. So, if in case you have a rough operating or beginning gasoline or diesel engine that has been the use of ethanol gasoline, then try some Sea Foam.
And just to be politically incorrect, no longer simplest doe’s ethanol gasoline cause issues in gasoline engines, this corn beginning additive additionally takes this a must-have resource out of the food cycle. Less corn for cattle feed, and different meals sources, causes your red meat and different meals fees to upward push. It’s a double whammy of negative affects to our economy.

·
Registered
1,919 Posts
Agreed - seafoam works very well for ethanol (and other things like carbon cleaning, fuel intake cleaning, oil passage cleaning, ect.).

But it is not the most cost-effective. That prize goes to startron, a quart treats 512 gallons. A can of seafoam (half quart) only treats one 16 gal tank.

So its 1oz seafoam per gallon compared to 1oz startron to 18gals fuel.

Both work well, so do lucas, stabil, bars, etc.

Luck and enjoy. :cowboy:

·
Registered
6,824 Posts
Agree, marine grade stabil works excellent. Has never failed me. Startron is another excellent choicr.

If you do regular oil changes, no need for seafoam in the oil.

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
I put a little splash of sea foam in with every tank even though I have non ethanol gas down the street.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts