Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was at Kmart and saw Sea Foam on sale for 5.94 a can.....pretty good deal.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Nice! The cheapest I have ever got it for is $13 for 2 cans.

·
Registered
94 Posts
It's good to run it on every fill up if you don't run 100% gas. All the ethanol in the gas is bad for the fuel lines/engine and the seafoam helps with ethanol. It's also good to use if you are going to have the quad sit for a long time because it prevents gelling of fuel. It's also good torun in a quad that has sat for a long time and has bad fuel in it. Within a tank or 2 of running it after using up the bad fuel the seafoam will have cleaned up the entire fuel system.

This stuff works wonders for bad fuel in a gas tank! I wouldn't run it but every 6 months or so if you actually use the quad and don't let it sit for a while though.

·
Registered
7,464 Posts
I was at Kmart and saw Sea Foam on sale for 5.94 a can.....pretty good deal.
That isn't a bad deal.... to bad our Kmart closed it's doors this past Sunday. Usually it's priced @ ~ $7.99+ per can in my area.

Do you run sea foam on every fill up? What are the benefits of using it?
Yes, I do run a "splash" in every tank on every small engine I own (lawn mower, snow blower, atv's, ect.). Then at spring and fall I'll run a recommended dose treatment.

And in my daily drivers I'll dump a can in the gas tank in every oil change to keep the enjectors cleaned. Also every spring and fall I'll do the break booster/vacume line treatment.

Basically, it cleans (carbon build up from) whatever system you put it in...... If ran in the gas, it keeps the carb and injectors clean of varnish/gumming up and carbon build up off the valves. If ran in the crankcase before an oil change it removes carbon build up/sludge, ect.

Biggest thing.... keeps the carb from varnishing up and making the bike run poorly!!!

SeaFoam Link..... Homepage - Sea Foam Sales Company
Uses.... Sea Foam Motor Treatment - Sea Foam Sales Company

I use to use stabil in my motorcycle every winter, and it would need a tune-up every spring, just to get it to run (always needed a full carb cleaning). Switched to SeaFoam @ winter storage time and spring came the bike fired right up and purred like a kitten..... I was sold! And have used it ever since.

·
Registered
378 Posts
Didn't know K-mart sold the stuff? I guess it has been a long time since I have been that store. Hm, guess I will have to take a look-see today.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Kmart may not be my first store of choice but I went there to buy some Black Magic Bleche-Wite for the under side of the ATV plastic fenders....cleans the mud stains from the Nevada dirt very well.
On the Sea Foam note, I use the product in my 93' Chev truck, 2001 Ford van diesel, 2008 Ford Edge, all my power equipment and of course my 2012 850 Touring. I used Sea Foam in my 2007 500 X2 since new and sold it with about 4300 miles. Nary a problem with anything on that X2..... fuel related or mechanical.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts