Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
Been away a bit.
Back now. Got the ATV running good again and starting to do a snorkel project. My only concern is sealing the clutch covers well. Is there a way to do this without removing the main clutch?

Ive read every write up on this topic but it just states seal clutch covers.
I just fabbed my air box adapter last night out of stainless. Getting materials together this weekend and hope to start asap.
Any tips or suggestions are welcome.
Thanks!

·
Registered
5,753 Posts
There should be enough room to get some silicone behind the cover without pulling the primary off. Good time to thoroughly check out the clutches and their components and make sure everything is in tip top shape too so you don't have to break the seal for a while after you get it all together.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well thats the thing. I have poor timing on project planning. I just had an entire new primary and secondary clutch installed, new covers and belt. Should of had my guy seal the back cover for me then.
Thats why I am so not wanting to remove it all again.

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
If you want to seal it right you need to remove the clutches and inner clutch cover, then seal.

·
Registered
805 Posts
There should be enough room to get some silicone behind the cover without pulling the primary off. Good time to thoroughly check out the clutches and their components and make sure everything is in tip top shape too so you don't have to break the seal for a while after you get it all together.

There is no way to get the phillips head screws out of the backing plate with clutch on. You need to pull the primary or your work is wasted. What ive learned with sealing clutches is that only 100% will do. Do it right the first time.

·
Registered
576 Posts
Do you get water in your clutch cover or the seal? I never touched my clutch cover, I just bought a new Polaris seal and I've never had any water what so ever.

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
the inner clutch covers are known to leak where it meets up with the motor/transmission. You do not need to seal the outer cover, the factory seal works fine if in good condition.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts