Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I'm new to the group and looking to buy my first fourwheeler that will be more of an toy and less of a work horse like my old Honda. I've got my eye set on a polaris sportsman 850 HL edition. My only issue so far is when I purchase it I want to do two things. Number one put a high rise snorkel on it which seems easy enough if I buy a kit or even make it myself after watching several tutorial videos in preparations. However what I cant seem to find is a passenger seat backer that is something simple yet functional. Everything looks like giant seats that I'm paying more for molded plastic than seat backer which isn't what I want at all. So my question that Google cant even seem to answer is will a sportsman touring seat fit the sportsman highlifter edition because that looks perfect but I cant find any information on fitment and cross fitment. Just that I can buy a big ugly aftermarket seat or just some rails with a pad on it but nothing like that passenger seat design on the touring model which is exactly what I want. So anybody have any ideas or suggestions?

·
Registered
6,479 Posts
Unless you get an X2, it is not made for a passenger - only side by side models (all brands) and Polaris X2's are made for passengers, that's why you can't find a back rest for a passenger because they are technically illegal.

Suggestion: buy a Polaris X2, any brand of side by side or don't have a passenger - PERIOD!

·
Premium Member
4,025 Posts
What he said! The touring models have a slightly longer wheelbase and are designed for a passenger. The standard models are not and with an adult passenger will be dangerously overloaded. You can get an 850 touring model and turn it into a HL touring. Just have to add the extra suspension parts and snorkles.

·
Premium Member
1,362 Posts
Unless you stay on private land it is illegal to ride two people on a machine engineered for one. Most states today enforce the law of riding two people on a ATV designed for one. Most if not all ATV parks also will not allow two people on a machine design for one. If you want to ride with a passenger buy an ATV designed to carry a passenger from the factory.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts