Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally got around to unloading my 550 out of my truck today and I guess on the trip back from West Virginia the staples that hold the seat cover on had let go. The front of the seat was flapping. I've had things happen to my various quads before, never this. I hope this is not a pattern developing, go for a ride, take it to the shop and fix what broke or fell off, etc. :banghead:

·
Registered
563 Posts
Someone else on here had a problem with an XP seat cover also.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I guess I'm the third one with this problem then. Bought an 850 Sportsman XP EPS week before last, have about 4 hours total on the brand new quad and probably 2/3 of the cheap staples under the seat holding the upholstery on are loose, some are lost and the seat cover is now loose and wrinkling. I've not trailered it at highway speeds, I only weigh 180 pounds, the unit has never sat outside in sun or weather, not even broke in yet and the seat is crapping out. Question is what will it look like in 2 months of ranch work? For an almost 10K ATV I don't think I should be putting the seat back together every other week. I am VERY disappointed with such a simple component like the seat being such a slaphazard, cheap, cheezy item on a high dollar unit. To date I'm really impressed with the 850 other than the stupid 2 dollar seat. Polaris had better make this right with customers.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Yeah, I've looked for aftermarket seats and just solve it that way; but have not found any for this model. Seems like lots of side by side and RZR stuff out there. Polaris was contacted through the dealer, only problem there was they want me to send the seat back to them for warranty 'consideration', but they do appear to be willing to stand behind it. That would put the quad out of commission for too long from my standpoint. Anybody have some suggestions for quality aftermarket seat replacement for the 850?

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Yeah, I've looked for aftermarket seats and just solve it that way; but have not found any for this model. Seems like lots of side by side and RZR stuff out there. Polaris was contacted through the dealer, only problem there was they want me to send the seat back to them for warranty 'consideration', but they do appear to be willing to stand behind it. That would put the quad out of commission for too long from my standpoint. Anybody have some suggestions for quality aftermarket seat replacement for the 850?
your dealer wont give you one off theres at the dealership till yours comes back? Mine seat started to melt on mine 06 800 and mine dealership gave me a new one the same day.

·
Registered
19 Posts
You have a good dealer chopper!! I will inquire with my dealer.... this wasn't offered as a possibility when I took it in for them to look at last week. Thanks for the suggestion.

·
Registered
42 Posts
100 bucks at a good upholstery shop will solve the problem. (Recent experience with a torn seat) But, if that machine is NEW, I would badger that dealer until he, or Polaris came through with a new seat. If they don't, I would make it very public.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts