Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recovered the seats on both my folks 2002 Polaris Professional 500 bikes for Christmas.

The foam on my stepdads' bike was pretty well spent... Shedding small pieces and soaked through. The cover was just barely intact enough to keep what was left of the chewed foam in place.

I stapled the new -20° Heavy Marine Vinyl cover on over the new Moose seat foam. It cost around $95 for each seat.

They took about 1/2 hour to strip down to the pan with a screwdriver and pliers in the barn.

Here's what 5 hours of quality time with a stapler and upholstery hammer got me. I let the scrubbed plastic pan, foam, and vinyl warm up to a fairly warm room temp. Don't try this in a cool place the vinyl will not be pliable enough to stretch and smooth out the wrinkles.

The second seat took around 4 hours to strip and re-cover.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nice work!! What is up with the pro series?

2013 850ho
The Professional 500 was an orphan, one year only, Gen IV construction jobsite machine. They are all yellow AFAIK with 4 wheel hydraulic disc brakes, factory horn, backup alarm (Russ unplugged those), and a darn beefy Gen IV frame. They have a straight rear axle not IRS.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts