Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have a 07 Polaris 450 sportsman, only had it for 5 months. at 1st got 6 good weekend rides, then the buttons went on the secondary clutch, shop replaced buttons. got 3 weekend rides, secondary clutch un turned it's self into 2 pieces/wrecking the threads. rplced the clutch, 2 rides later buttons went again. fixed the buttons. 1st ride out secondary clutch (the brand new clutch) un threaded its self. BRAND NEW CLUTCH $500.00 IN PARTS. I was told by the shop dont ride up hills in high gear. So I did what they said, rode it like a 90 year old guy would ride, cuz I can't keep buying clutches. AND IT STILL ENDS UP IN TWO PIECES. HELP HELP

Attachments

·
Premium Member
20,001 Posts
Welcome to the board!:fest30:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My qaud is the ONLY ONE in world, that has this problem? Hmmmmmm????? maybe I gotta go somewhere else to get some ideas?

·
Registered
2,352 Posts
is it missing that lockwasher on the mount bolt? weird how it keeps coming loose, also check transmission shaft for worn spots

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Lockwasher/shaft......all good. Out of the factory it has a shim/washer between the clutch and transmission. Polaris shop told me I can use up to three of these shims. Making the belt ride more on the sping loaded side of the clutch.?.?

·
Registered
409 Posts
Out of the factory it has a shim/washer between the clutch and transmission. Polaris shop told me I can use up to three of these shims. Making the belt ride more on the sping loaded side of the clutch.?.?
Would that shim be #14 in the pic and are you
using 3 shims when this happens?

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
Have a 07 Polaris 450 sportsman, only had it for 5 months. at 1st got 6 good weekend rides, then the buttons went on the secondary clutch, shop replaced buttons. got 3 weekend rides, secondary clutch un turned it's self into 2 pieces/wrecking the threads. rplced the clutch, 2 rides later buttons went again. fixed the buttons. 1st ride out secondary clutch (the brand new clutch) un threaded its self. BRAND NEW CLUTCH $500.00 IN PARTS. I was told by the shop dont ride up hills in high gear. So I did what they said, rode it like a 90 year old guy would ride, cuz I can't keep buying clutches. AND IT STILL ENDS UP IN TWO PIECES. HELP HELP
Hello, I just had the exact same thing happen.. secondary clutch unscrewed itself, can I ask what you found out with yours?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts