Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got my tire and wheels mounted, balanced and installed. I went for a 40 mile ride to test them out.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
11,445 Posts
Looking good. So what did u think of the new tire n wheel combo?

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys,

I love them. I went up a steep hill yesterday that was covered in large chunks of broken rocks. Normally I would have got some momentum and put in four wheep drive to make it up. Not with these! I started out with some speed but then when I realized they were not slipping at all I slowed to a crawl. It crept up the hill like nothing! Now, I will admit they are much heavier than stock but my stock 489s would NEVER have done this hill in two wheel drive.

The only actual problem I had with them wasn't the tire itself. The tire shop that installed them didn't exactly listen to the wheel pressure I wanted (5psi). Instead they filled 3 of them at 20psi and one at 7psi. Needless to say it was an interesting ride at first. :boggled:

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks, I'm going to play around with it and see what works. I think a little less would be good.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Also, if anyone is interest in the actual size of these tires. They're 26 3/4" from the floor to the center of the tire with 5 psi.

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
what are the specs on those wheels and how wide is the machine? it doesn't look like the typical XP with 4+3 wheels on it. ive been looking for a better option than the 4+3's as the trail limit is 50" and somewhat enforced where I ride.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
what are the specs on those wheels and how wide is the machine? it doesn't look like the typical XP with 4+3 wheels on it. ive been looking for a better option than the 4+3's as the trail limit is 50" and somewhat enforced where I ride.
They're at 54", but man do they look good!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts