Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone put the stock size Sedona rip saw tires on a sportsman 400? I like the tire but have concerns with the weight. After ready a lot of posts and reviews I am concerned that I will notice a big difference on my 400. I feel sometimes climbing up hills that I am under powered already. Anybody have them on a sportsman 400?

·
Premium Member
9,427 Posts
I would strongly disagree with putting them on a 400. Bighorn or bighorn 2.0's is as heavy a tire I would put on a 400 and with that I would recommend a clutch kit.

·
Registered
6,824 Posts
There are a few guys on a Facebook Polaris ATV page that have Ripsaws on their 400HO and have no complaints with them at all.

I would, but I road ride a lot, and the high speed vibration is not something I want.

You may not need a clutch kit either, try it first before you go and install one.

·
Registered
5,753 Posts
It really depends on the riding you do. If you are a high speed trail rider, not the tire for a 400. They took at least 10mph off the top end of my 850. However, they are smooth at any speed and zero vibration all the way to 70 with them. I love them for everything they go through and how easily they do it. Took a little of the fun out o the 850 for acceleration, but I'm good with it.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you everybody for the responses. I think I will stay away from them then due to the weight. I don't want to loose any more speed or power. Again, thank you everyone for the responses.

·
Premium Member
9,427 Posts
I rode with a guy on new years day and he just unloaded a set of pit bull 2.5gb's because he felt the power loss on his xt-p 1000 and moved into a set of bighorn 2.0's and said he got most of his power back in comparison to the stockers.

·
Registered
20 Posts
We put Rip Saws on our Pioneer 1000 and they are great tires but it took about 10mph off the top speed

·
Premium Member
9,427 Posts
they are some HEAVY suckers that's for sure!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts