Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know how the Rip Saws do in the rocks? I mainly ride dirt/rock, rock slabs and some snow. Would these tires be a good fit?

·
Registered
3,230 Posts
Thats exactly what they are designed for!

·
Premium Member
10,355 Posts
the are some beefey tires and designed for rockier terrain. the do well in all situations. just know that they are extremely heavy.

·
Registered
5,753 Posts
Run then on my 850. Lost about 8-10 mph on to due to the weight of them. About 45lbs each. Crawl rocks like they have suction cups in them. Great in the trails, mud, snow, everywhere.

·
Registered
815 Posts
I love mine. I ride a very rocky rough trail area and they work great. 270 miles on mine, over 50% being rough rocks and there is almost 0 tread wear

·
Registered
815 Posts
Love 'em! They grip really well. Make sure you run them at low pressure.

these are a very firm tire, low pressure is a must

·
Registered
815 Posts
WOW im not that low. I think I am at 3-4

·
Registered
3,230 Posts
The Pit bull tires look great, but have always seemed a bit high in price compared to the Ripsaws, Big horns, and (especially) Rocktanes.

·
Registered
944 Posts
The Pit bull tires look great, but have always seemed a bit high in price compared to the Ripsaws, Big horns, and (especially) Rocktanes.
Not now. $121 for fronts. 25.5 x 8 x 14. these are a 26 inch tall and 9 in wide tire

http://www.discounttiredirect.com/direct/searchTiresBySizeATV.do?sw=false&cs=25.5&ar=8&rd=14

$135 for rears. 25.5 x 10 x 14 these are a 26 in tall and 11 inch wide tire.

http://www.discounttiredirect.com/direct/searchTiresBySizeATV.do?sw=false&cs=25.5&ar=10&rd=14

$512 for a full set. How you gonna beat that ? PLUS FREE SHIPPING

From what I've read they are better than those other tires and ride better, too.

Watch this Rene absolutely rip through these snow banks with them on. Awesome !!!

Bet you thought he was gonna get stuck, didn't you ? I did when I first saw it.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks guys, I just bought them. Should be here around the 21st. Those Pitbulls are pretty sweet though.

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
wow those Rip Saws are cheap! found 26" 14's for $465 shipped. not bad at all. I was ooking at the GBC Spartacus as well.

·
Registered
166 Posts
wow those Rip Saws are cheap! found 26" 14's for $465 shipped. not bad at all. I was ooking at the GBC Spartacus as well.
Did you go to the Sedona website? I bought 27x14x11 and 27x14x9 for $111 each front and $121 each for the rear with free freight. That is for a size larger for basically the same price.

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
well there website says $176/ea for the 27x11 and 154/ea for the 27x9...

·
Registered
264 Posts
Wow those pitbulls ripped through the snow. Might have me sold.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
well there website says $176/ea for the 27x11 and 154/ea for the 27x9...
That's what I had seen when I bought mine too. I got the 27x9 for $138 and the 27x11s for $123. Yes, the 9s were more expensive... I also got the MSA M20s for $95 a piece. That was the best I could find that were in stock.

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
^ if I have to call them to haggle they're best price, ill pass. shouldn't have to be a project to buy there product.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
^ if I have to call them to haggle they're best price, ill pass. shouldn't have to be a project to buy there product.
Agreed!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts