Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm trying to help a friend with a Polaris XP Model # 2520673.

The wiper does not run; troubleshooting showed that the switch failed but the motor is ok.

I can't find any brand or part number on the motor assembly.

Do you recognize this part?

Is it feasible to replace just the switch? If so, what is the replacement part? How does one open the gearbox to remove the switch?

If a new motor assembly is required, how can a find the part number or an equivalent replacement?

Thanks for any guidance,

Stewart

Attachments

·
Registered
7,464 Posts
Not familiar with the specific application.... But, I'd assume most any 12 volt rated, 3 position switch should work.... off, on (low) and on (high) ??? But I'd think you'd my most likely to find an on-off-on positioned switch..... it's cheap enough, it's worth a try!!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the quick reply.

... I'd assume most any 12 volt rated, 3 position switch should work....
Sure, electrically there is no problem.

But the switch is mounted to the gearbox cover, which appears to be held in place by molded plastic posts that were heat-flared at the ends. So I don't see any way of removing the cover in a replaceable manner, short of improvising new fasteners. Also, most switches are front-mounted (with ears or a nut on the shaft); finding a side mounted one with a suitable cover is tough.

If this were my machine I'd just 'kludge' something and call it a day, but I'd like to do something more aesthetic for my buddy. If we can't replace the switch, he's probably willing to pop for a new motor assembly, but all the dealer offered was a whole new windshield!

Any advice on where to look?

Thanks,

Stewart

1 - 3 of 3 Posts