Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My gas gauge does not work it only registers one square at all times and alerts me when I’m empty with the flashing stuff.
I called several parts places and you cannot replace a 2007 500 HO sportsman sending unit.
could just be a bad Float. But if I take it apart and it’s not how can I fix this issue ?

·
Premium Member
9,723 Posts
test the resistance on the sender purple/white wire and brown. empty should read low resistance 5ohm and full should measure 100ohm. other then that you would have to pull the unit and chk the float for contact, looseness, or a mechanical obstruction.

·
10,582 Posts
Sometimes the plastic bushing that holds the float arm is just bad or the copper contacts are corroded. You have to get it out to see what's wrong.

·
Registered
247 Posts
My gas gauge does not work it only registers one square at all times and alerts me when I’m empty with the flashing stuff.
I called several parts places and you cannot replace a 2007 500 HO sportsman sending unit.
could just be a bad Float. But if I take it apart and it’s not how can I fix this issue ?
I have had over 12 ATV and all had a range of 100 to 125 miles on a tank of gas. Fill it up before leaving camp and quite worrying about it. We never go out with out a FULL tank of gas.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts