Polaris ATV Forum banner

service interval warning

3K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  polman500 
#1 ·
I have a 2007 Polaris Sportsman EFI 800 twin 2 up. I recently had a service performed at a Honda dealership in Penticton. As I live in Osoyoos, the ride to the closest Polaris dealer is in Kelowna ( 2 plus hours away )and I find that too far to go. The Honda dealership was unable to reset the "flashing wrench" for the next service interval, so I thought I may have a go at it. I downloaded a manual and was unable to find what I need. Can someone walk me through the procedure or direct me to a website where I can download the information I need??

many thanks!

#3 ·
I will try to walk through this by memory. If I skip or miss something, someone please jump in and correct me.
Put transmission in neutral
Hold yellow bypass button in (left side under red kill switch)
Turn key to the run position (while still holding in yellow bypass) Do not start machine
When display comes on the dash, release yellow bypass button.
Something should be flashing on the dash display
Push and release yellow button to scroll through dash functions
When you get to the wrench, I think there should be a 0 displayed. Hold yellow button in and it should start to count up from 0. These numbers are the hours until next service, so set it at your schedule interval. When done, wait 15-20 seconds then turn off key. You are done.
This is also the same way to access your dash clock to reset it.
I don’t think I’m missing anything here, but it has been since last March that I last messed with this. Let me know if this works. If not, I can look it up tonight when I get home.

#5 ·
I think you have to have the parking brake set also.

#7 ·
Thanks to BOBx2 for the help. What I was trying to do was reset the total hours to 360 for the next service. It wouldn't go past the "LOGGED" hours of 260, it kept going to zero. So when I reset it to 100 ( the correct amount of hours till the next service) it worked and the wrench dissappeared. YAHOO!!!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.