Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been looking for a service manual for my 800 but have only seen the clymer ones for up to the 2010 year model! I know they are similar but are the wiring diagrams the same or will I have to go for a factory manual for specifics? I would also like a paper copy of the manual! Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
978 Posts
your local dealer cant get you one?

·
Registered
128 Posts
I also have not been able to find a manual for my 800. The dealer quoted me $79 for a factory manual that is the same as their techs use. Has anyone had experience with the factory manual? Are they written in a way that average shade tree mechanic can understand it?

·
Registered
424 Posts
I also have not been able to find a manual for my 800. The dealer quoted me $79 for a factory manual that is the same as their techs use. Has anyone had experience with the factory manual? Are they written in a way that average shade tree mechanic can understand it?
I have purchased the polaris manual for all four atvs I have owned.
I find that they are excellent. Very clear and good pictures where needed.

Each has paid for itself many times over by saving me time and avoiding mistakes.

I buy them at Rocky Mountain since they have good service and discounted prices.
Polaris OEM Service Manual | ATV | Rocky Mountain ATV/MC

ps.. Having the hard-copy manual is much better for me than a .pdf. I have used pdf manuals - they did not have an index and were annoying to navigate.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Thanks for the info! The next time I'm at the dealer I will pick up a factory service manual!

·
Registered
679 Posts
My pdf allows me to navigate with the index. I agree though, a hard copy is much more desirable. Greasy fingers and my laptop don't go well together.

·
Registered
70 Posts
You can get it right from polaris.com free and print it out!

·
Registered
424 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Yes just realised these are owners manuals not service manuals

1 - 12 of 12 Posts