·
Premium Member
2008 800 ho efi, 2019 850 SP premium
9,196 Posts
Welcome to the forum

·
Registered
14,530 Posts
Old/new member who just bought a 2016 Sportsman 110 for my son. She needs some TLC but otherwise should be a good bike for him! Would anyone have the service manual for this one?! Thanks!
I do in PDF - PM me your email address and I'll send it to you

·
Registered
8 Posts
Thank you, I receive the manual. Is there possibly a specific manual for the 98 Sportsman or just the "all models" version? I'm looking for information on the rear hub rotor assembly and can't find anything about it in the manual you sent over. I did search the forum and found one post about it (polarisatvforums.com/threads/rear-rotor-removal.38449/#post-1543011) but the solution wasn't posted in the forum :-(

·
Registered
14,530 Posts
No other manual - that was the factory one and aftermarket manuals like Haynes and Clymer also cover all the early manuals.

What difficulty are you having removing the rear brake rotor?
Organism Font Parallel Slope Art

Remove the nut and washer, pull the rotor off the splined shaft.

·
Registered
8 Posts
No other manual - that was the factory one and aftermarket manuals like Haynes and Clymer also cover all the early manuals.

What difficulty are you having removing the rear brake rotor?
View attachment 157815
Remove the nut and washer, pull the rotor off the splined shaft.
Hi. Yes, I got the hub removed, but was trying to figure out how the rotor was supposed to be replaced. I saw it was riveted to the hub. I ordered a new rotor, but it comes separate from the hub. Wasn't sure if swapping the rivets to bolts was acceptable or not

·
Registered
14,530 Posts
OK, now I understand, you have a part that was not sold by Polaris and you are forced to because the part is not available from Pol. The procedure you are looking for is not in the manual, because it's not a normal repair operation. You are repairing at the origin level, not the consumer level.

In most cases the aftermarket suppliers include the components and instructions to assemble the part. Since they did not, you will need to remove the old rivets - best method it to disc grind off the rivet flush on the disk side and knock the old disk off the rivets - you can then measure the rivets and either get replacement rivets or proper sized bolts - if you opt for bolts be sure to check the clearance between the bolt heads and the transmission case and the caliper. If clearance is not an issue, get some grade 8 or 10 fine thread bolts and torque with red Loctite on the threads - if clearance is an issue, just take the parts to a machine or blacksmith shop and let the machinist or smithy remove and install the parts - the last thing you want to do is use an improper technique and damage the hub. A machinist or blacksmith can remove and install the parts with a very small chance of damaging the part.

·
Registered
8 Posts
OK, now I understand, you have a part that was not sold by Polaris and you are forced to because the part is not available from Pol. The procedure you are looking for is not in the manual, because it's not a normal repair operation. You are repairing at the origin level, not the consumer level.

In most cases the aftermarket suppliers include the components and instructions to assemble the part. Since they did not, you will need to remove the old rivets - best method it to disc grind off the rivet flush on the disk side and knock the old disk off the rivets - you can then measure the rivets and either get replacement rivets or proper sized bolts - if you opt for bolts be sure to check the clearance between the bolt heads and the transmission case and the caliper. If clearance is not an issue, get some grade 8 or 10 fine thread bolts and torque with red Loctite on the threads - if clearance is an issue, just take the parts to a machine or blacksmith shop and let the machinist or smithy remove and install the parts - the last thing you want to do is use an improper technique and damage the hub. A machinist or blacksmith can remove and install the parts with a very small chance of damaging the part.
Thank you very much for the very detailed response. I'll shoot for the bolt option if possible, otherwise, I'll contact my local machine shop. Thanks again for all the help today!!

·
Registered
14,530 Posts
Sent the 18 full size manual - don't have the mid size in my collection

·
Premium Member
2008 800 ho efi, 2019 850 SP premium
9,196 Posts
Font Line Window Pattern Automotive exterior
to the forum
Ball Automotive lighting Vehicle registration plate Font Gas

1521 - 1537 of 1537 Posts