Polaris ATV Forum banner

81 - 87 of 87 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #81
Pictures of first outting :)

Nice to see the forum was REALLY active -- got a little side tracked, but nice and active!

Wasn't the weekend we were planning as the property was PACKED with guests and I couldn't get the piggy back riders off my quad long enough to hit the real trails. So, my quad didn't get to meet MUD yet, but it was a nice "boating" weekend :veryhappy:

So, now.... I'm guessing the DRYBOX in the front, isn't a dry box when you go in water over the drybox?! Nice if Polaris told me that.... I assumed dry, meant dry, so time for a new cell phone!!
quad2.jpg

quad1.jpg

quad3.jpg

·
Registered
185 Posts
That sucks about your phone! I always keep a zip lock bag in my cargo box to keep my cell in for that reason. Congrads on the new machine and enjoy!

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
Sorry about the phone. I learned that on my first outing too. Now I use 50 cal. ammo boxes for dry storage.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #84
This wasn't my first rodeo.... I just assumed when they said DRYBOX the thing would stay dry.... I always use ziplocs on my Arctic Cat, but really??!?!?!? Why call it a drybox, if it's not..... And the Polaris people knew it wasn't really a drybox, or they wouldn't have installed 4 drainplugs in that drybox, that I discovered when scrubbing my quad!

·
Registered
7,464 Posts
I see you have a pass seat/box.... which one did you end up going with, and how did it mount? Or did you post that on another thread and I missed it??

Thanks,

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #86
I see you have a pass seat/box.... which one did you end up going with, and how did it mount? Or did you post that on another thread and I missed it??

Thanks,
http://www.polarisatvforums.com/forums/polaris-sportsman/38800-installing-quadboss-drilling-my-new-polaris.html

We did EXACTLY what you posted in the image on the other thread. We went to Ace's and got those "boat plugs/plumbing plugs" and put a washer at both ends and it did the trick. VERY STURDY AND SECURE! Went with 4 eye hooks, not J hooks. Thanks for that suggestion - I would've never thought of it!

·
Registered
7,464 Posts
We did EXACTLY what you posted in the image on the other thread. We went to Ace's and got those "boat plugs/plumbing plugs" and put a washer at both ends and it did the trick. VERY STURDY AND SECURE! Went with 4 eye hooks, not J hooks. Thanks for that suggestion - I would've never thought of it!
Awesome.... glad to hear worked for you!! (solving mounting problems is what I do, literally - Mtg Kit Designer - on a much different scope/scale) And I like to build rather than buy if I can!!

I still intend to install my wifes this way when we get the wheeler (after tax time). Did you use the cardboard template idea as a hole transfer also? Do you have any pictures? I'd love to see them!!

Thanks!

81 - 87 of 87 Posts