Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all... wondering if anyone else has this issue... Anytime I get out on a road or a stretch of hardpack where I can open it up, I notice the handlebars start shaking at higher speeds. I thought it was maybe just tires/wheels being out of balance, but I've tried it with two different sets of wheels, and with the stock tires, as well as some aftermarket more aggressive tires. Any ideas what's causing this?

·
Registered
7,464 Posts
Tire / Wheel balance is the most likely..... were either of the sets you tried balanced?

Depending on age / miles and wear...... could be bushing or tie rod ends also, something is worn causing play.

I'd check for any wear or play and balance the tires first...... if that doesn't solve it, dig deeper into front end steering components.

·
Registered
2,350 Posts
Look for mud caked on the back side of the wheel. Wheel bearings worn. Damaged tire/bent wheel. A-arm bushings worn. Lots of stuff could be worn/damaged.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Everything already said. Sometimes if you're quad has been sitting for some time and you just take it out and go high speed on blacktop. The the tires will temporarily flat spotted and shake more.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts