Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
well here is the story.

i bought this polaris xplorer that somebody tried to cram a magnum 325 engine into. i was told it was complete and running and all i had to do was clean the carb and do some minor wiring (needed a ignition switch). well as it turns out the motor was only held in with a single motor mount on the top of the motor,wiring was hacked, shift linkage didnt even work, tranny was held in only by the swing arm bolts, output shaft bearing was shot to hell, and they hacked the frame and plastics to hell among other stuff.

after looking at it i decided to tare the engine out and buy a 300 2 stroke to put back into it. so after i managed to find all the mounts and parts to make the mounts that belong to the 300 work i was faced with another problem. that was, i couldnt figure out where the stock mounting for the shifter was. that was because he cut it out to make room for the massive oversized 4 stroke !!! so after a ton of looking at photos online i got the shifter mounted where it should be.

there was too much wrong with it to post the whole story. tonite i got it fired up and moving under its own power !! for first time in its life since who know when. kinda doggie though until she gets a second wind. but thats just jetting issues i think.

sorry for the random story post guys but im proud of myself on this one. people told me to send it to the junk yard and get a different one. but im stubborn and stuck with it. that was the biggest cob-job quad ive ever seen ..

here are a couple pics of the hack-jobs

Attachments

·
Registered
2,496 Posts
A challenge never hurts any one does it? good job on the fix!

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
exactly.. especially since i only payd 200.00 for it. the front tires and winch are worth double that alone. thanks on the props man.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Heck of a project....congrats...dont forget the finished product pics...

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
619 Posts
Wrenching keeps you out of the house too! Great job on the Resurrection!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts