Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it me or its sometime hard to shift into gear, is it a trick to it, I have tried stepping on the brake pedal too while shifting, is there any tricks to it? Like push the shifter in and then shift?

·
Registered
15 Posts
I had a same problem. Mostly when it was really cold out. I even snapped the linkage trying to get it into gear. It should NOT be like this, although I don't really know what the fix is.

·
Registered
554 Posts
Only time I have trouble shifting mine is when the idle is above about 1300. Worse when it's cold because you tend to have the choke on longer and the idle higher 'til it gets warmed up.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Mine does the same thing. No matter what gear it is parked in it will be impossible to move the selector after it has sat in the cold. I took my old hot air popcorn popper and put some heat to the little round plastic deal on the side of the trans and it seemed to help it out. I'd like some info on this too

·
Registered
37 Posts
try rocking back and forth , the grease in gear box where the linkage goes into tranny might be to thick, mine was hard and I stripped a gear in there

1 - 6 of 6 Posts