Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone come up with a way to ease shifting from reverse to low and viceversa. Some times when I'm plowing snow it is downright hard to shift.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Sorry if this is obvious, but you are coming to a complete stop while shifting? If so, possibly your idle is too high? What ATV model do you have?

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
2011 850XP and yes I'm coming to a full stop. The idling is at what the book says.

·
Registered
2,885 Posts
Not sure if it will work with your 850. But I step on the foot brake. the 850 is probably a different beast but you can try it.

·
Super Moderator
7,054 Posts
Don't need to step on the brake on the 850. On mine it sometimes takes a couple of seconds for the idle to drop back down so I can shift it.

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
I know what your saying it's takes a moment for idle to drop down and that makes it a lot easier to shift.

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
If you are waiting for a full stop, and for it to idle, and your idle is at the correct RPM, you have a belt/clutch problem. Possible clutch alignment problem. You using an OEM belt?

Sean

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Need to pull the cover and make sure the belt is centered between the sheaves of the primary clutch.

If it isnt, the secondary needs to be shimmed to center it.

If it is, try a new belt...

Sean

1 - 10 of 10 Posts