1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
to faawrenchbndr
say the point I was making is that when get on the throttle
on ice or mud with a 850 xp browning that comes with standard mud tires
the 2 second delay in rear to front engagement never happens so there you are stuck or spinning on ice. Also here in Minnesota we plow a lot now when you shift low to reverse you end up in park because Polaris changed the foot pedal you had to push down to get it in park or hi range. Why they changed that I don't understand? It really didn't take that much energy to lift my foot up and push down on the rear break pedal!!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
the Polaris dealer tech. told me there is a 2 second delay not 1.5 second delay that never engages if you stay on the gas

·
Registered
3,230 Posts
The browning hardly comes with "mud tires." They are the same terrible shit stock tires, just like all the models have.

Also I am kind of confused at your shifting issues? You don't have to hold the foot brake to switch between gears.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
like I said when you plow we shift from low to reverse a lot so now
there is nothing stopping you from going into park from low and into hi from reverse unless you stop each time and slowly shift it into the right gear! that takes forever,,, they use to have there machines made right when you pushed down on the rear break pedal to shift into hi/park!!! now if you don't plow you wont understand .

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
like I said when you plow we shift from low to reverse a lot so now
there is nothing stopping you from going into park from low and into hi from reverse unless you stop each time and slowly shift it into the right gear! that takes forever,,, they use to have there machines made right when you pushed down on the rear break pedal to shift into hi/park!!! now if you don't plow you wont understand .

Plowing has nothing to do with it, you need to learn the feel for the gear shift. It takes what, 1 or 2 seconds to go from park to reverse if you overshoot it? You'll get the hang of it with practice. I'd be irritated if I had to actuate my brakes just to shift to high or park, but that's just me.

As for your 4x4 issue, the rears only need to turn 1/5th of a revolution (some are saying even less then that now with a recent redesign on newer models) and then the fronts should lock. If they aren't and you're under warranty have the dealer look at the fluid level. She may be running low or it may be dirty and full of water from you plowing so much. Most 4x4 issues are caused by the fluid.

·
Registered
2,350 Posts
to faawrenchbndr
say the point I was making is that when get on the throttle
on ice or mud with a 850 xp browning that comes with standard mud tires
the 2 second delay in rear to front engagement never happens so there you are stuck or spinning on ice. Also here in Minnesota we plow a lot now when you shift low to reverse you end up in park because Polaris changed the foot pedal you had to push down to get it in park or hi range. Why they changed that I don't understand? It really didn't take that much energy to lift my foot up and push down on the rear break pedal!!
Plow a lot in NE Washington, 24 miles from Canada. I do know a bit about plowing. You need to learn the machine, how it's designed and get a new tech.

Link to the OP's other thread on the same topic
http://www.polarisatvforums.com/forums/polaris-xp/53303-polairis-eps-850-a.html#post394128

·
Registered
39 Posts
I think the delay he is talking about is when shifting gears, if you watch the display the 4x4 light goes out as you shift gears. I cant imagine as short of a time the light is out while shifting is all that big of a deal though

1 - 7 of 7 Posts