Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Little background first: last Polaris was a 2016 570 SP. good rig, just looking for something little more refined.

looking at 2019 850's and dealer has a couple of the 1000's with upgraded tires, bumpers, winch.

$9200 for a white 850 or $11200 for the blue 1000 which prolly has $12-1400 of accessories (tires, winch for sure) a guy would probably buy anyway.

noticed the 1000 has electronic throttle....very nice it seems.

what else does a guy need? trail riding mostly, some in the rocky mountains where it gets pretty rough.

thoughts and opinions...????

·
Registered
256 Posts
Get the 1000. I have both the 850 and the 1000. Way smoother clutching and throttle on the 1000. One of the guys I ride with bought an 850 this spring, he took a ride on my 1000. He just traded in an almost new 850 for the 1000.

Well worth the extra $$$$ in my opinion. The throttle is great. You can put it on work and just putt putt through the big rocks and then flip the switch and hold on. Most fun I ever had on an ATV.

D

·
Premium Member
3,837 Posts
I have never ridden a 1000 so I can't compare them. I really do like my 850 though. More than enough power for my needs and I still get a stupid grin on my face every time I grab a handful of throttle.

·
Registered
719 Posts
I have never ridden a 1000 so I can't compare them. I really do like my 850 though. More than enough power for my needs and I still get a stupid grin on my face every time I grab a handful of throttle.
Same here,I love my 850.More than enough power and does everything I want. I have ridden the 1000.And the 1000 makes me smile more.With that said I still got an 850. :grin

·
Registered
217 Posts
Have an 18 850 , live CO and ride UT and AZ. Has way more than the power than I need. Had it up to 75 MPH once on paved highway. That was once too many. If you have the money to pay CASH then go for it. But where does the price and accessories end? But then I only keep an ATV 3 years and then sell. This bike just turned 1842 miles and is one year and 2 weeks old. Keep in mind the bike does come with LOW RANGE for more power.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well my plans went out the window. Ended up with a 2018 570 sp. low miles and the price was very good. I’ll ride it for a year or two and see what happens.

Thanks for the replies.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts