Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Don't get a chance to post much. My '07 500 H.O. has a weird short in it. At first I thought it had a bad battery, but the battery is fine. Put it back in after a full charge and it fired right up, oh well, maybe it was just low and a full charge took care of it. Rode it around a little bit and pulled back in the yard and left it idling. after a couple of minutes the lights blinked and the engine started missing and went dead before I could get to it. Tried to restart it and sometimes it started but then would go dead and sometimes wouldn't make a sound. Did notice that it would get power to the switch if I moved the handlebars back and forth. Unfortunately I can't seem to get it to keep running. I've had a lot of street and dirt bikes over the years but this is my first ATV so any ideas would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks, Jim

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
You mentioned "Did notice that it would get power to the switch if I moved the handlebars back and forth. "

I would be checking contacts on AWD switch and tracking back wires from switch through pod and below for breaks.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey, thanks. I'll start taking things apart since I at least have a starting point. Of course the way my luck goes, I'll probably still have a hell of a time tracking it down. This could be a 12 pack job!
Jim

1 - 3 of 3 Posts