Votes: 8 44.4%
  • Big Horn 2.0's

Votes: 10 55.6%
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a Sportsman 850 XP and im having a hard time deciding what to get. I see great reviews for both tires. I do most of my riding on wooded trails with 1/2 hard pack 1/2 mud. Right now on 4Wheel Online i can get the Big Horns for $494 and the blackwater evo's for $638. Are the blackwaters worth the extra $100+?

Edit: when you vote, ignore the "2.0". i will get original big horns instead of 2.0s.

·
Premium Member
10,366 Posts
The tread on both are similar but the evo's r 8-ply where as the 2.0's are 6-ply. There in lies the biggest difference and that's weight. So I think it boils down to do u want a stouter tire in the evos or a lighter tire in the 2.0's.

·
Registered
3,230 Posts
Kick the 2.0's to the curb and get original Bighorns.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Kick the 2.0's to the curb and get original Bighorns.
ya i think i agree with you on that! after i posted this thread i did a little more research on the 2.0's and im not impressed. if i decide on big horns, i will get the originals.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I put 250 miles so far on my 850 sportsman and so far I love them.

·
Super Moderator
7,049 Posts
If you are buying Bighorns, buy the originals. No need to spend the extra $140 on the blackwaters. The BH's will get you there and back just as well.

·
Registered
88 Posts
just put 44 miles of coal region sloppy goop and hard pack on my bighorn originals and love them. a bit heavier that the carlisles i took off but i didn't notice any difference other then the traction increase of the bh's. save the money for the next upgrade unless you need the 8 ply.

·
Registered
7,464 Posts
I voted Blackwaters for the 8 ply factor..... but if the Bighorn's (original) would have been an option that would have taken my vote. They are on my "wish list" after seeing them and riding then on a friends machine.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
well i pulled the trigger on the Big Horn Originals!! ordered them from 4 wheel online for $494.00 with free shipping. should be here in 5-7 days they said. I hope they are right because im going to tall pines atv park here in NY on april 11th for their SNUD run. should be a pretty good test for the new tires. my girlfriend will be riding her 2014 570 with moto attack tires from polaris. im currious to see how the two tires will compare...

·
Registered
59 Posts
Nice, I was thinking about heading there on the 11th myself. Where are you located?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,096 Posts
For an ATV - Origional Bighorns

For a sxs - Blackwater Evo's

Lots of negative reviews on the 2.0's, best stick with the originals

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
i probably should have thought of this before ordering the new tires, but am i going to have any issue with the 1" wider big horns going on my stock rims?

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
i probably should have thought of this before ordering the new tires, but am i going to have any issue with the 1" wider big horns going on my stock rims?
Your good to go! The XP's have a little extra space to play with.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Nice, I was thinking about heading there on the 11th myself. Where are you located?

I live down by Letchworth State Park. its about an hour to get to tall pines.

Very nice, I've been there a few times. I live in Gowanda. I'm heading down to Tall Pines on Friday to celebrate my newly being single lol.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts