Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking of trading my 2013 Polaris Sportsman 500 HO for a 2014 or 2015 Sportsman 570. Is there anything I would or wouldn't like about it compared to my 500.

·
Registered
826 Posts
Read the first page of topics in the 570 section. Then you will buy a 2015!

·
Registered
243 Posts
I am in the same boat, I have a 13 500 ho, I really want to upgrade to a 15 570 eps but I'm not sure if it's a smart thing to do.

·
Registered
901 Posts
Fuel injection and PS makes a huge difference I never owned a 500 but drove a few and they are nice machines but drive a PS quad in the woods esp tight trails and you won't have another quad without it

·
Registered
140 Posts
For Whats its worth, I have a 2015 sportsman 570 and I love it.

·
Registered
454 Posts
I hate carburetors especially living in an extreme cold state but I hate them in the summer as well. If for no other reason, I'd go with a 570 just for the fuel injection.

·
Registered
7,464 Posts
Although I strongly agree with the "for the EFI alone" ctype omments.... Personally, I'd hold out another year with your "trouble free - tried and true" 2013 Sportsman 500 and see is the 2015 Sportsman 570's models finally have all the "first year bugs / kinks" worked out of them!!

·
Registered
420 Posts

·
Banned
2,338 Posts
Got an email flyer from a dealer i bought my pit bike from right now they have sportsman 800...looks identical to the 570 except for having an 800cc engine? $6399

Would think that small upgrade in money would be better?

·
Registered
454 Posts
That's a classic question around here for the time they started making the 570 before they discontinued the 800. I still like the 570 for the EPS.

·
Registered
964 Posts
Although I strongly agree with the "for the EFI alone" ctype omments.... Personally, I'd hold out another year with your "trouble free - tried and true" 2013 Sportsman 500 and see is the 2015 Sportsman 570's models finally have all the "first year bugs / kinks" worked out of them!!

Normally I agree with waiting for the "first year bugs / kinks" comment, but with Polaris they move so quickly. They almost always make changes to there machines...so in essence they are always new models. Or close to it. :ponder:

Who the heck knows what Polaris will do to the 2016 SP 570?? It may be different as well.

biz
:hmmm:

·
Registered
6,824 Posts
Got an email flyer from a dealer i bought my pit bike from right now they have sportsman 800...looks identical to the 570 except for having an 800cc engine? $6399

If you cant live without eps, dont. But if you can the 800 is a torque monster. Same chassis as the 400/500/570, struts up front.

·
Registered
826 Posts
I'm thinking of trading my 2013 Polaris Sportsman 500 HO for a 2014 or 2015 Sportsman 570. Is there anything I would or wouldn't like about it compared to my 500.
For what it's worth, I went from a '09 Sportsman 500EFI to a '12 Sportsman 550XP EPS and have never been so happy! Don't get me wrong, I loved my 500EFI, but absolutely love the 550 EPS.

Change is good. If you can afford it, go for it.:)

·
Registered
246 Posts

Normally I agree with waiting for the "first year bugs / kinks" comment, but with Polaris they move so quickly. They almost always make changes to there machines...so in essence they are always new models. Or close to it. :ponder:

Who the heck knows what Polaris will do to the 2016 SP 570?? It may be different as well.

biz
:hmmm:
I think Polaris already has resolved the first year bugs thing with the heat shields some of us have. they just aren't making it right for those that didnt get them first time out. or even publicly acknowledging it. and they aren't the first OEM to do that.
My Audi A5 has a few widely known flaws that the manufacturer has never taken responsibility for, and still plays dumb about and charges owners for servicing these albeit minor issues.

·
Registered
558 Posts

I would still take the 800 but the difference noted are:

570 is better on Fuel
570 is more comfortable
570 has EPS

Those are the three things in my mind that make the 570 better.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I wouldn't

I have a 2014 570 EPS and I like it except for the fact that as soon as I go through any water, and im not talking very deep water, or going fast at all, just normal trail riding, I get water in the belt housing and I have to stop and drain it. I have called a few different polaris dealers and the only thing that I have been told is that it is a design flaw, but will bot be a recall. A friend of mine has a 2015 570 SP, and he has the same problem. If you want buy a used 570 let me know. I want a Can AM.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts