Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, obviously everyone has different thoughts on tires, but this would be a great place to check out each other's setup, as we each make a plan for tire replacement.

Love to see some pics of your atv, it's new tires (maybe even a before and after pic), and why you decided to go with the tires you did. Look forward to reading the responses!

·
Premium Member
9,804 Posts
Somebody likes Maxxis Bighorn 2.0s!!!!!

·
Premium Member
9,804 Posts
My buddy has them. They are actually unique. They have a uni-directional front tread and a very similar to the 2.0 rear tread. They seem like a decent tire. He hasn't had any issues so far. Hey had some crap tires prior to. The first set he had was the Kenda Bearclaw non HTR and had nothing but issues. Then went EL CHEAP-O and bought some Sun-F Bighorn knockoffs, one trip down to Hatfield & McCoy retired those tires. Now he has the 3.0s and hasn't had any issues. I think Maxxis went with the uni-directional front tread as the biggest complaint about the BHs was lateral traction.

·
Premium Member
9,804 Posts
Very good tire as well. Lots of good ones out there.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I don't mean tire size, talking about the size of the wheel, like going from a 12" to a 14"

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
Bigger wheel you’ll have less sidewall, less flex and better handling. Smaller wheel you’ll have more sidewall and better for rough terrain, less chance of pinch flats, better for jumping.

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
Great all around tire. But I’m sure tires noted above are as good. I’d stick with 12” wheels or preferably 12” offset wheels with 26” tires😋!

·
Registered
1,198 Posts

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
Yup yup

1 - 20 of 24 Posts