Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm new to this forum and also polaris machines.. so what up! anyways, i need advice on what's going on with this wheeler i'm thinking about trading for.

It's an 03 preddy 500 and right now not running (it was last week). i went over and checked it out and he hit the start button and it juss whined like nothing internally was engaging.

The dude said he was on his way to sell it last week and took it up n down the block and the wheeler died on him and said he heard metal on metal noise...i was thinking cylinder? but he said he had the valves off recently and adjusted the valves cuz he was hearing valve tick but he thinks he messed something up with the timing when he was messing with the valves (maybe too tight, or tensioner?) and snapped the chain when riding it. he said it did make a sound like it was a chain loose (metal on metal) or going crazy inside..

I wasn't able to do ne compression tests or ne thing last night on it cuz it was dark n what not but it does roll.. i'm wondering what are all the problems i could potentially be facing if i traded for this? i was also going to have him meet me down by this atv shop and ill juss run it in there and have em check it out real quick. but that's a week away and i'm curious as hell right now.. any advice or ideas would be helpful! thanks

·
11,136 Posts
Sounds like you should just keep on shopping to me unless you have plenty of money and are itching for a project to work on. There's really no way to tell what's wrong without tearing into it.

·
Premium Member
20,001 Posts
Welcome to the board!:med:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts