Polaris ATV Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have used an add on muffler, dynomat sound silencing, and still it roars like a lion. Is there a better muffler system that silences?

·
Registered
3,230 Posts
If you want to be completely quiet, you might want to try walking.

·
Banned
2,338 Posts
Guys at the race track with cheap pos generators you could hear two states away would fab up a compound automotive muffler set up and the decibel reduction was extremely impressive.

So may look into mounting a car muffler or two in conjunction with your factory muffler.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Any brands of mufflers or specs that I should consider? I did this was a flowmaster that was designed to not affect horse power and although it worked slightly, it was not all that effective. What are the harms of putting on a muffler that reduces horse power etc. Can this cause harm to the engine?

·
Banned
2,338 Posts
I would go with cheap as dirt econo fiberglass packed muffler off of a small car...or if the store has them visable in the back ask to look at them.

Your ranger motor wont put out enough cfm/exhaust to begin to think adding an additional 1-2 auto mufflers in series with stock exhaust would hamper anything. All these atv motors are the equalivent to a fly on a horses ass perspective wise.

Flow master has no packing to absorb noise, just metal baffels to cancel noise by reflection...if you want quiet you need a pack3d muffler to absorb the noise.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts