Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So. I bought a 98 trail boss, a 95 350 4x4, and a 2002 sportsman 90. $300 I couldent pass it up. They have been siting for a couple years. I was wondering if anybody had simplified these atvs? I’m planning on installing a simple wire harness, still debating on having a battery or not. Not worried about lights or anything, just a daylight toy. Are there any systems on the atv that won’t let the motor run if they are not hooked up? I think it’s all mechanical and the electric is just warning lights, lights, and sensors. It’s a 2stroke so I should be able to hillbilly it!
BTW- It is very refreshing to work on a bike that has SAE parts. Wow

·
Registered
8,060 Posts
Just unplug the black wire from the CDI unit - the only wiring needed is fro the stator, to the CDI to the coil - no battery, rec/reg or lights needed - install a dirt bike kill switch to the CDI black wire - the engine dies when the black wire is grounded

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Awesome. Just what I wanted to hear. No battery needed!
Just unplug the black wire from the CDI unit - the only wiring needed is fro the stator, to the CDI to the coil - no battery, rec/reg or lights needed - install a dirt bike kill switch to the CDI black wire - the engine dies when the black wire is grounded
[/QUOT

1 - 5 of 5 Posts