Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, I'm new to the Polaris ATV's and Forum.!!

What do you guys use/recommend for an Oil and filter change on a 2006 Polaris Sportsman 700 Twin EFI? I did a google search and a lot of sites came up with 2 quarts of 0w40 Mobile1. How about a filter part # and brand too?
Also anywhere I can find a "cheap" service repair manual for this quad?
Thanks,
Tim

·
Premium Member
20,001 Posts
I used a Wix filter and 2 qts of Mobil 0w-40! Easy change in my book!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Cool guys thanks. Just curious, isn't that real thin oil? It will be ok for the remainder of the summer here in CT? The guy I bought it from said 10W40 but I've seen all over the internet 0W40.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Polaris sells an oil change kit with 2 quarts of oil and the filter for a cheaper price than if you bought it seperatly. there are about 4 different kits and i've seen the one for your bike.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hey you're the boss. I'm gonna run the 0W40 Mobile 1. As for the filter, any specific brand. I don't think I'll make it to a Polaris Dealer after I get out of work. Will purolator be fine?

·
Premium Member
20,001 Posts
I use Wix made in USA!!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Once again thanks all. Are the years 2005-2006 the same? Just curious I see a lot of the manuals out there saying they are. I downloaded the 2005 and the PN# for the oil filter says 2540006, I know imhuntingcrazy said 2540086 and he's probably correct againg???
Also the drain plug, Alan wrench or no? Plug hole is pointing straight down or sideways.
You dudes rock. I'm hoping this quad will give me years of enjoyment. I've always owned Jap racing quads and dirtbikes and am getting too old for that sort of speed... NOT!

·
Registered
108 Posts
drain plug points straight down. 6mm. 2540006 and 2540086 are sub numbers if i remember right. We stock 2540086. You can also get that same filter in crome. Victory uses same filter

1 - 14 of 14 Posts