Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for a set of paddles for the back end of my Scrambler 850. Does anyone these?
EFX SandSlinger High Performance Sand Tire

These seem to be all I can find that are close in size to the stock Scrambler tires. Those 14" rims make it difficult….

If anyone has any better alternatives Im all ears!

Thanks!

·
Registered
815 Posts
Why not get some skat trak haulers? Best paddle out there

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Will the haulers fit? Looking at the Skat Trak site, the largest wheel size they offer is 12". That seems like it'd be tight clearing the rear brake rotor….

·
Registered
434 Posts
Yeah... I have come across the same problem for my 850. That 14" wheel is a pain.

I saw the above tire once before and it has way to many paddles for the sand dunes I ride at. They would bog you down real bad if you climb any hills with them.

I wish that either Skat or ITP would provide an 14" option. I like the Dune Stars from ITP, but again, its 12".

·
Registered
434 Posts
Will the haulers fit? Looking at the Skat Trak site, the largest wheel size they offer is 12". That seems like it'd be tight clearing the rear brake rotor….
You could try calling Skat Trak directly. You won't want haulers though. Our machines are heavy and you will have lots of power. The Extremes will be the ticket if they can do it.

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
I'm pretty sure skat trak makes a 26x12.5x14, they seem to be hard to find but I have seen them posted on the wildcat forums.

·
Registered
434 Posts
That would be very cool if they do. I will be checking into it this spring. I wonder if they make a front to then. If not I guess you could grind down all but the center row of a cheapy stock tire and make your own ribbed buff. Thats if the roll out matched or must stay in 2wd. I would prefer something like the ITP Dune Star front that could be run in 4wd and gain a little pull in addition to float.

·
Registered
1,775 Posts

·
Registered
1,775 Posts

·
Registered
815 Posts
SKAT TRAK will make anything you want. I can get 35" paddles made for my truck for $200 each.

·
Registered
434 Posts
Sweet find cronix! That's awesome to know its possible. I can deal with the no ribs, my tank should have enough weight to get them to turn. :biglaugh:

·
Registered
22 Posts
Shaved calipers

I have the Scrambler 850 with the shaved calipers, so far no problem and we have a lot of rocks here in the mountains. I'm not sure I would want to recommend this but I have been in extreme conditions, one time (at band camp LOL) I was on trail that was nothing but rocks for 26 miles!
If you look at your calipers you will see 2 ribs or bumps on the top and that is all that needs to be removed.
I did put a set of 27" paddles on and they are to close to the rear fenders and the paddles will hit.
At Glamis I ride with a fast group and on long fast rides jumping from one bowl into another my Scrambler would overheat, I solved this by replacing the coolant with "Water Wetter"
If possible go with spun aluminum wheels, the cool looking cast wheels rob a lot of power.
I excited because I have had a deposit on a Scrambler 1K since it was introduced and it's suppose to be in today.
I'm hoping that since it now has 4 calipers that it stops the chatter when braking hard and that the calipers are smaller so I don't have to shave them.
The Scrambler is awesome in the dunes.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
I came to a few hard stops on my 1000 and haven't heard any chattering so they might have solved it. I have never ridden an 850 to compare the 1000 to, but I can tell you my face hurts from smiling so much every time I ride it.

We have a set of small dunes in Mississippi that I plan on hitting up, so I think I will just call Skat to see about the 26x12.5x14s when the time comes.

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
Its only like 300 acres and there's no real hill climbs but they do have some trails and a drag strip. They have another set a little further away in central Louisiana...

·
Registered
434 Posts
Chronix, you should bring your 1000 with paddles up to the Walden dunes in Colorado during May. The hill climbs are epic in the early season. Straight up possible death and carnage! Its awesome.
You really know you're alive when you feel like you're about to die! :rockwoot:

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
Once my wife graduates college were going to start taking some serious trips around the country, and Colorado is definitely on the list...

To the OP...sorry for hijacking your thread buddy.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
This is great feedback gentlemen. Thanks for all the replies. I've sent Skat Trax an email; I'll report back with what I find out.

Thanks again!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
UPDATE: I heard back from Skat Trax today:
"We do offer a few sizes in a 14” wheel, such as: 26x12.5x14, 30x10x14, or 30x11x14
If you went with the 26x12.5x14 you would probably want to go with a 7 paddle Extreme. This is tricky since it is something we do not see very often. Did you have a particular size in mind?"

Will the 26x12.5-14's fit?? A quick glance at my bike makes me think they would....

1 - 19 of 19 Posts