Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking at AAEN Performance today and I see the have a new silencer out for sportsman xp 550 and 850. It didn't say what the decibel were.

·
Registered
5,753 Posts
Didn't know they were getting that into ATV's now. Got to meet Olav himself yesterday at the Waconia Vintage snowmobile event. He was all set up silent auctioning a set of custom race pipes for a vintage sled. Really nice guy and incredibly smart!

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I would like to hear this muffler to see what it sounds like. Looks to be fully welded so no repacking.

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The scrambler muffler is completely different than the sportsman muffler. The scrammy end cap does come off.

·
Registered
36 Posts
If your talking about the stealth exhaust aaen makes i bought one last year don't know what the decibel level is but its quieter then a HMF. And its all welded so no repacking, Its got a deep tone with out the noise ill try to get a video up in the next couple of days

·
Registered
434 Posts
Bookmarking for sound clip also. :popcorn:

·
Registered
71 Posts
Me too! Let's hear it.

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
That's sounds really good. Not all loud and raspy. Is this muffler welded together? Is it forestry approved? Thanks for sound clip.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Yes its welded so no repacking don't know if its forestry approved have to ask Aaen about that it dam near the same as stock just a little skinnier and has one big exhaust hole instead of two

·
Registered
434 Posts
It sounds pretty much the same as stock too. I would like to see a dyno comparison if it gains anything over stock with no map change.
If it doesn't have a spark arrestor screen in the tip then its not Forrest Service legal where lots of us ride.

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Gonna contact aaen tomorrow and ask about muffler see if it is forestry approved.

·
Registered
3,230 Posts
Slip ons don't add hp. Full exhaust with a tuner might get you 5hp.

A slip on will maybe get you 1 and a bit better throttle response.

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
in to see if the AAEN is Forestry approved.

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Muffler is not forestry approved. Told me I would have to buy Super trap spark aresstor cost $99.00. I don't know how this would work on a fully welded muffler?

·
Registered
36 Posts
I called Aaen this morning asked about hp they told me 5hp gain and 5 ft lbs of torque they told me about the spark arrester didn't know that was a option anyway Ive riden all over wis and been down to hatfield macoy with this exhaust and DNR never gave it a second look i think cause it looks stock

1 - 20 of 20 Posts