Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
978 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright im thinking of adding a slip on after i do my clutch kit next month. Wondering whats the best sounding one for a 800 efi?
what do you run and d you like the sound? Looking for a beast of a machine sound

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
There are no good sounding slip ons for the 800. I have tried a few, and have resorted back to the stock exhaust. The parallel twin design just does not create a good sound, and adding a slip on only amplifies that sound. You will not get the deap sound you are looking for from an 800.

·
11,562 Posts
Lost cause is telling you right. They sound OK at idle or low throttle but sounds more like a giant pissed off bumble bee when you open it up. I tried an Aaen when I first got mine but took it off and sold it for 1/2 price after only a couple rides. The nice and quiet low rumble of the stock exhaust was a welcome relief to my ears and my riding buddies were very grateful too.

·
Registered
978 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thats what i was afraid of. I heard from others it dont sound good but thought id ask. I love the sound of the big bore can ams and the xp850 was just hoping i cld get the same sound :lame:eek:h well ill probably just forget it then

·
Registered
141 Posts
I have the Big Gun on my 850xp. It sounds awesome! When I first got I didn't like it. Now that it is broken in, it sounds good. Pretty sure it's above the decibel limit though. Have gotten stopped yet.

·
Registered
978 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Not to rub salt on a wound, but a Rotax 800 with an HMF... :684:
Is that what you got? Or exactly how are u rubbing salt in a wound lol

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
I have the Big Gun on my 850xp. It sounds awesome! When I first got I didn't like it. Now that it is broken in, it sounds good. Pretty sure it's above the decibel limit though. Have gotten stopped yet.
The 850 is a completely different sound than the 800. Just saying.

·
11,562 Posts
Not to rub salt on a wound, but a Rotax 800 with an HMF... :684:
Is that what you got? Or exactly how are u rubbing salt in a wound lol
Yes, I have one for sale. I just meant that the Can Am 800's do sound sweet with an aftermarket exhaust. As opposed to the opinions on the Polaris 800/850. ;)
Yeah, but the Rotax is a V-twin like a Harley isn't it? ...big difference.

·
Registered
195 Posts

·
Registered
978 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I think ill just stick with my stock. After hearing other 800s on youtube they sound like crap at high r's. Ill just add the clutch kit and let er rip

·
Registered
141 Posts
i have the big gun on my 850xp. It sounds awesome! When i first got i didn't like it. Now that it is broken in, it sounds good. Pretty sure it's above the decibel limit though. Have gotten stopped yet.
huhhh!!! What'd you say!!!
Pretty much. It's funny how some people are so offended when you rape their ear drums with an exhaust. :grumpy:

·
Registered
479 Posts
Only way to make an 800 sound good with an aftermarket system will be with a true dual exhaust and those are not cheap.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts