Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
978 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
you running a slip on? if so what do you gain? also i was looking at a big gun eco but cant find one for a 2013 800

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
I run a big gun eco on my 850. Seems to have a little better throttle response. Nothing major but it makes it sound awesome!!

S3

·
Registered
978 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's the one I want but can't find it for my quad

·
Registered
175 Posts
I have the Big Gun Eco on my 850 too. I don't know about gains but it sounds AMAZING! I run it with a UNI filter, fuel controller and qsc clutch kit. My machine is a beast now!

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
I do not recommend putting one on your 800. If you are looking for better sound, you won't get it. I tried a few on my 2009 800 and they all sound like crap. The 800 engine design just does not put out a good sound. I have a lot of mods to my atv, but ended up back with the stock exhaust. If you are looking for actual gains, I also do not recommend one. In order to see any gains you need a full exhaust system, air intake mods, and tuning.

·
Registered
978 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks for the input. I plan on putting in a qsc clutch kit asap. What i researched you get a lot more power out of it, and im also running 26 in zillas on a 14 inch rim so it could use a clutch kit.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I have the QSC Mudd Pro slip-on exhaust. Sounds good on the trails, not bad for the price.

·
Registered
3,230 Posts
thanks for the input. I plan on putting in a qsc clutch kit asap. What i researched you get a lot more power out of it, and im also running 26 in zillas on a 14 inch rim so it could use a clutch kit.
You researched wrong info. Slip ons don't add any power at all. They are just for sound. And 26" zillas measure 25", which are stock size. I don't normally say this, but for that set up, you really don't NEED a clutch kit. However if you do add one , you will notice some more low-mid range power.

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
If you are looking to feel any gains, the clutch kit will give you the most noticeable gains. It won't give you more horsepower, but it will get the horsepower that you do have to the ground more efficiently.

·
Registered
166 Posts
What ever you do, don't get an LRD pipe. They really know how to make expensive junk. They work with other mods but quickly fall apart.

·
Registered
978 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
You researched wrong info. Slip ons don't add any power at all. They are just for sound. And 26" zillas measure 25", which are stock size. I don't normally say this, but for that set up, you really don't NEED a clutch kit. However if you do add one , you will notice some more low-mid range power.
You read my post wrong. I never said i researched that slip ons give you more power, I was talking about clutch kits giving you more power. And yes they are a true 25 inch and I can totally feel the loss of power in low to mid range so the clutch kit will be perfect for what Im looking for.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Am I reading this correct? An 800 with 26 inch zillas it has lost power on the bottom end. It does not sound right to me. Such a light tire I just don't get it. What am I missing?

·
Registered
978 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Am I reading this correct? An 800 with 26 inch zillas it has lost power on the bottom end. It does not sound right to me. Such a light tire I just don't get it. What am I missing?
It just doesn't seem to have the same low end as before. Stick tires you can wheelie all day. With zillas it will left the front end with a knee on the seat but not sitting down like with stock tires and rims

·
Registered
13 Posts
Did you weigh your stock rims and tires before the upgrade? I'm betting the new 14" rims added more weight then you were expecting.

·
Registered
978 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Did you weigh your stock rims and tires before the upgrade? I'm betting the new 14" rims added more weight then you were expecting.
never weighed them but i held one stock rim tire combo in one hand and a aftermarket combo in the other hand and you can feel the difference.

·
Registered
2007 500x2 le
862 Posts
The stock tires and wheels are extremely light I put a orange and blue dalton primary clutch spring in to regain most of the bottom end grunt I can tell with my 26 inch mud bugs they aren't much taller but much heavyer if be good with just a spring likly

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
Any time you change your tires from stock, you should also upgrade the clutch. Yes, you can get by without, but why would you. A clutch kit is only $200 and it will totally change the attitude of your atv.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Any time you change your tires from stock, you should also upgrade the clutch. Yes, you can get by without, but why would you. A clutch kit is only $200 and it will totally change the attitude of your atv.
I'd have to agree, my 850 was in the shop for electrical issues(my fault, I submerge my atv all the time) and I put my new Monster Mayhems on the 550 xp. The 550 did just fine with them and no clutch kit but you're robbing yourself of the machines true potential. I put the clutch kit in my 850 with the Mayhems and I can light up the tires no problem. I don't feel any loss with the much heavier tires. I added only 1 shim to my qsc for a smoother engagement.

·
Registered
978 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
so whats the best clutch kit

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
The best clutch kit for the money is QSC. Call Adam at Quadshop Customs and he will set you up with exactly what you need based on your atv and riding style.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts