Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to purchase a 2870967 slotted nut socket to remove the nut on my 1999 Polaris xplorer 400 crank. This is so I can replace the water pump seal. Any ideas would be helpful.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Slotted Nut Socket Polaris p/n 2871293

I need to buy a socket for removing the slotted nut on the crank shaft.
Polaris SPX says they only sell to Polaris dealers. Will they sell to a regular person or not?

thanks much, dzl

·
Registered
3,417 Posts
The threads on the nut are lefthand thread. I have used a punch and a hammer to remove the nut. I soaked it with PB Blaster before I tried to loosen it. Just remember to loosen the nut turn it to the right(clockwise direction).

·
Registered
168 Posts
my buddy had to make their own, and it worked out killer for them.. It was on backorder and then they would only sell them to Polaris dealers..

·
Registered
16 Posts
Anyone find this thing online yet? I know this is an old thread but worth bringing back from the dead.

·
Registered
1 Posts
hey guys i am new to this forum, my question is about the slotted nut...everyone talks about removing it but nobody has asked if it can be replaced with a similar standard nut with LH thread. Instead of using a slotted nut why cant we use a regular nut for this application and has anyone done this with success?

·
Registered
5,071 Posts
Let us know where you find a 28 - 1.5 tpm LH thread thin hex nut.

It's a special nut specified by the engine manufacturer - it's not an off the shelf item.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts