Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright so I’ve posted a few times here trying to get answers for different things well now I’m on a different issue. I’ve practically rebuilt my 2013 scrambler 850xp excluding the motor. Bushings, joints, big gun exhaust system, plastics etc. I’m having an issue with acceleration and top end power. Throwing no codes. I put in a new throttle position sensor and set it at .67vdc at idle also a new throttle cable, i have a tfi box and a Epi sport utility clutch kit. But this bike won’t get out of its own way. The bike used to dig hard from the jump and not quit until it couldn’t push its self anymore. Now it has no bottom end torque and might hit 35 mph. Not spitting or sputtering just flat out lazy. Does this with or without the fuel programmer.

·
Premium Member
8,102 Posts
I'm thinking it may be clutch related.

·
Registered
6,561 Posts
Take of the tfi box and see what happens - I always recommend making only one change at a time so if it ain't right you will know - might have to reverse all mods and start over.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Man you’re awesome. What I’m getting from that is at idle it should be .46vdc not .67. And 3.3vdc at WOT? Correct me if I’m wrong

·
Registered
6,561 Posts
Sorry, I can't correct you - I don't work on EFI - I just read the manuals and make settings based on the literature - beyond that I take it to the dealer and let them hook it up to Digital Wrench\.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
are you sure that’s for a 2013 scrambler 850xp? Because the lowest voltage i can get on the TPS is .55vdc.? That’s on the two TPS sensors i have (one new one used). Im trying to defer from going to the dealer.

·
Registered
212 Posts
if ur tps is out of range it should set a code related to incorrect tps value, how bout start with compression test, then fuel pressure test.

·
Registered
6,561 Posts
Now I am befuddled :oops:

I ran the VIN through Polaris and got this:
Model Name - SPM X2, 500 EFI, GRN/BLK
Model Year - 2009
Model Number - A09TN50AX
Purchase Date - 3/16/2010
VIN - 4XA6H8EA2DA560231
Engine Serial Number - D009130906296

I ran the same VIN through a universal decoder and got this:
MakePolaris
ModelRZR (next Crew)
Model year2013
Trim levelNot Applicable
Body styleOff-road Vehicle - Recreational Off-road Vehicle (rov)
Engine type0.9L 4WD
Vehicle typeTrailer
Assembly plantROSEAU MINNESOTA
Manufactured inUNITED STATES

A third decoder gave me this:
2013 Polaris RZR (Next Crew)
Off-road Vehicle - Recreational Off-Road Vehicle (ROV)
2 Cylinder
Displacement: 850cc
Manufacturing Plant: ROSEAU MINNESOTA UNITED STATES (USA)

So, I think in this case Polaris is faulty in their records - you might want to contact Polaris to see if they can correct their database.

The information I provided was based on your having a Scrambler 850 - I can find no Scrambler 850 XP listed for that year - only Scrambler HO EPS and I do not have the literature on a Razor 850.

Sorry - I can't help you - I think you should take it to the dealer for diagnosis.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
if ur tps is out of range it should set a code related to incorrect tps value, how bout start with compression test, then fuel pressure test.
The bike has run fine, i messed with the tps because i had 502194-7 and 51-4. Both throttle related.

·
Registered
6,561 Posts
That one digit makes a big difference:
Model Name - Scrambler XP 850 H.O. EPS Gloss Black LE
Model Year - 2013
Model Number - A13GH8EAK
Purchase Date - 2/13/2013
VIN - 4XAGH8EA2DA560231
Engine Serial Number - 0120461653793

But the procedure might be the same - here's the pages from the service manual

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Bike runs great now after adjusting the TPS out but still lacking that power i had before. Changed spring in the primary and it helped a little bit but nothing else seems wrong within the clutch casing. Pulled both clutches and inspected them.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Alright so I’ve posted a few times here trying to get answers for different things well now I’m on a different issue. I’ve practically rebuilt my 2013 scrambler 850xp excluding the motor. Bushings, joints, big gun exhaust system, plastics etc. I’m having an issue with acceleration and top end power. Throwing no codes. I put in a new throttle position sensor and set it at .67vdc at idle also a new throttle cable, i have a tfi box and a Epi sport utility clutch kit. But this bike won’t get out of its own way. The bike used to dig hard from the jump and not quit until it couldn’t push its self anymore. Now it has no bottom end torque and might hit 35 mph. Not spitting or sputtering just flat out lazy. Does this with or without the fuel programmer.
Have you check the key that holds the flywheel in place. I had one partially shear on my sportsman and it did that exact same thing. It throws the engine timing off just a bitand won’t throw a code. 🤷‍♂️

1 - 20 of 23 Posts